Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

***Question of the Day--9/12***

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
What kind of chores do your kids do? If your kids are too young to do any now, what chores will you have them do when they are old enough?
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM
trash. clean their rooms. vacuum. dishwasher. yard. other duties as assigned.
gr8d8n3mom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM

My kids are out of the house now. When they did live home, they were responsible for keeping their own rooms clean, swapped washing dishes, & drying them/ putting them away- they other set & cleared the table, swept the floor. We had show animals they too participated in, they too had to care for them. (I did not give an allowance for chores)

I had started my own dog grooming business, as well as working full time, when my older daughter wanted to "work" but wasn't old enough, I taught her how to bathe a dog, and dry them. I paid her. As she got older, she slowly learned how to also groom.(Tho I only let her practice on the 3 little mutts we had at home! LOL). I also paid her to wash my truck.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM

trash, vacuum, kitchen.... just depends on what I need help with.  Their rooms a must though

Never.A.Mom
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Mine is still young, but she picks up her toys after playing.

As she gets older, I'll let her get involved in everything age appropriate.

Dishes, sweeping, placing her laundry at the right place, keeping her room tidy... we don't have pets or a yard, so the chores would be only inside the house.

AlyssaN
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Rooms, kitchen(unload dishwasher, set table, sweep, load own dishes in dishwasher), vacuum rooms and stairs, tub and toilet, cobwebs, feeding cat and cleaning litter box, fold and put clean clothes away, make beds daily, trash and recycling.
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Clean his, room, clean up after dinner, take out the trash, help with yard work. When he is old enough so far my son just help clean up his toys .

SHELL28
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Clean their rooms... Feed the pets... Take out the trash... Wash dishes... Sweep... Dust..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN