Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How do you keep your kids entertained... ?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Amy
  • 10 Replies

How do you keep your kids entertained on rainy (or snowy) days at home?

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeymommy1
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM

t.v., movies, pinterest ideas, coloring, painting, hide and seek, etc etc. :)

AlyssaN
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Drawing pads and craft stuff from dollar store, board games, chores, tv, video games, iPods after 7pm. Sometimes a friend if they've been good lol.
Maybe look into family passes to family museums, libraries sometimes have reading times for kids, community swim pools. Depending on ages, forts are always fun :)
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd and I like to bake. :)
Cyn38
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

video games, computer, board games, painting, legos, play doh, drawing, building a fort, playing dress up (as video game characters or being fancy depending on the mood), reading books, watching TV, baking goodies, etc.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM
reading, playing board games, my husband cooks or bakes with them, playing games like Charades or I Spy, coloring, drawing, video games as a family.
SourRoses
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Ds who is 3 loves his toys. He likes blocks the most. He also plays toddler learning games on my phone or his tablet.
I'll put movies on as well. But he mostly just plays with toys.
Dd who is 10 will read all day if I let her lol. She will also do crafts or play on her Nintendo D'S
On snowy days we like to bake cookies.
crochetstop
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My kids stay indoors most of the time anyways. We have plenty of educational dvds and coloring books and games and/or toys that are available to them. When it is nice outside we spend time outside TOGETHER. My children are only 1 and 5 though. 

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I dont.

They entertain themselves usually. lol

But in all seriousness. They watch tons of tv and movies, and do whatever else they want too, play on their laptops or the wii or the ipads and ipods, talk on the phone have friends over etc......

Annettey19
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
He pretty much entertains himself. He just likes me nearby. He'll pull pots and pans out and pretend to cook, help with laundry, watch Curious George on Netflix, stir ingredients together when I'm baking stuff, chase the dog, and occasionally play with his mountain of toys.
jen2150
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
We are homeschoolers so our house is set up for a variety iof activities. I have art supplies, science supplies, play doh, lego and k'nex galore, old electronics to take apart, dry erase paper on the wall, projects, wii games, tv, books, mindcraft, boxes,tents, and many board games. My sons are excellent at finding things to do. There are also a ton more ideas on the internet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN