Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Feel pretty lost...

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
Well, incase you didn't see my last post I'll try to sum it up... Dh and I jus found out Friday we can't adopt a baby because my mom f%&@ed up my life. She called cps several times in a desperate attempt to take my dd from me. LONG story short she poked holes in all the condoms bf and I had (obviously we didn't know) so I ended up pg at 19. Was so excited tho! Right away my mom started throwing comments out. I wouldn't be a good mom because... she would be a better mom... trying to get me to sign over rights. Then after she was born she kept calling cps. They never found anything, but she just wanted custody so bad... So since Friday I've decided cutting all ties is the best thing for me to do. Its just so hard. My mom was the person I always talked to about everything, she was my only family. Now I have nothing, no one. I just feel so lost. So defeated right now. Dh and I want a baby so badly, and I don't even have anyone to talk to about that! To bounce ideas off! I go to counciling, but its not helping at all. I just don't even know what I feel. (I know my mom is NOT the person to talk to)
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Can I be honest? I think severing ties with your mother is the least of your worries, but necessary. I would let her know that she destroyed your chances forever and the consequences are severing ties with her. Make your own family. The people who love you - not necessarily blood ties.

Also, I would seriously consider legal action. This was slander that has effected you and your husband in a negative way. I am so sorry.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM
^^What she said^^

Good Luck!
2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
What kind of mom would do that? I mean really. If my mom ever did something like that hell would freeze over before she saw me again! Just bc you're blood related doesn't mean you have to have communication with them, unfortunately. And if the reason you can't adopt is because Of the things she has said, I would look into legal action as well. Anyway, stay strong. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)