Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you perk yourself up?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

After looking for work for 2 1/2 years (got an associate degree in the mean time) and finally getting back to work, I was laid off this past week.  Once again, I am submitting tons of applications and playing the waiting game.  Of course there are the worries about money, rent and all that shit.  Being a single mom, I have to hold things together and not show how stressed I am so I try to watch comedies and keep a smile as much as possible.  What do you do to help yourself feel better when life sucks?  

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM

It's been so long since life has sucked for me, but when it did I relied on my faith, my family & my friends to get me through.

nussknacker
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Life certainly sucks right now! I know getting a haircut always perks me up. For a few.

Alwaysmotivated
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I pray that you find a job soon :) I perk myself up by listening to music and chatting with friends..

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I love watching stand up comedy or mindless adult cartoons. Anything to put a smile on my face. I also call my sisters or a friend, or just text people randomly. :)
Emily357
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I'm sorry you're going through this right now.  Just try to focus on the small things that are in your control and remember that things will improve.  Plus, it sounds like you're in a better position this time around with your associate's degree.  Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)