Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Loyalty programs

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
i was at a mall today and made a purchase at a store i frequent. they asked for my phone#. what popped up wasn't me. different name. address. I've had my cell phone since 95 so its not like I switched numbers recently. i have wondered why i wasn't receiving mail catalogs anymore from that store. the clerk reset it to my info but i was a little concerned. At least I dont have their store credit card..
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Marz31
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

So weird! my "Frequent shopper" card from Toys R Us has a different name and address on it, but we so rarely go there, I don't really care and I actually still get stuff in the mail from them too, but I'm most certainly not Betsy Lim :) (no clue who she is, that's the name that's on my account, and I'd have to bother to call the service number, it's just not that important to me. but so weird for sure.

letstalk747
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM

this is kinda scary

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
i thought so too. then i thought how easy it was to change the whole thing back to my info again. my phone number has one of two common prefixes here. so for example. 609 678 9999 while someone else in our area could have 609 673 9999. so maybe maria santos has the other prefix but the clerk keyed it in by mistake with my prefix and said to maria. oh you are Susie tsunami from pleasantville? maria would say no and got her info changed not realizing the clerk keyed in her phone number wrong.

Quoting letstalk747:

this is kinda scary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)