Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

***Question of the Day--9/28***

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:23 AM
  • 9 Replies
Has your home ever flooded for any reason?
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Our basement has been flooding repeatedly for a week now. If the neighbors put grease or anything foreign down their sinks or toilets, water floods our basement. The landlords keep sending the maintenance man to fix it, but it keeps happening. On Monday we are calling the health dept. There was crap floating in our basement last night. That's been the worst, but it has flooded 10 times just this past week. We can't run any water because of this. :/

Oh...and they are raising our rent in December. $175 more...
want10more
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:31 AM

no but i live in the minot, nd area. serious flooding there....... many homes lost. was so sad.

want10more
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM

i'd say up to your landlord...... repeated flooding? wow, look for mold. i fully support your decision to contact he health dept. they can check for unsafe conditions in your home. if those conditions are found? (which yeah they prolly will be?) then you can either get it fixed once and for all, or you can break your lease w/o consequences...... careful tho, you guys don't wanna get sick over this! (check out minot, nd.... flooding there was just HORRIBLE)

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Our basement has been flooding repeatedly for a week now. If the neighbors put grease or anything foreign down their sinks or toilets, water floods our basement. The landlords keep sending the maintenance man to fix it, but it keeps happening. On Monday we are calling the health dept. There was crap floating in our basement last night. That's been the worst, but it has flooded 10 times just this past week. We can't run any water because of this. :/

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Technically yes. We live on the second floor, but the boiler room in the basement floods a few inches when there's buttload a of rain. It's just that room though, not the rest of the basement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM
yes our previous home flooded. six feet of water in the basement with alewife swimming in it. fortunately we were shopping when it happened but our street was evacuated by front end liaders and boats.
robin7771
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM

No

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Yes, we will be talking with the health dept on Monday about all of that. We know we will need new carpet at the very least. It flooded again yesterday, and the maintenance man brought over a plug to plug up a drain that's under our water heater *the area where it floods*, so we will see if it floods from there anymore or if that opens another spot to flood from.

All I know is that in the almost 5 years we have lived here, it's only flooded 3 times, and the previous landlords have gone to the various neighbors that have lived next to us and told them not to toss grease down their sinks. These new landlords wrote on a little note "Do not put toilet tissue down the toilet." and brought each tenant this note yesterday. We just shook our heads. It's NOT the t.p. that's giving us the issue. It's baby wipes, tampons, and grease. *yep, we had a tampon floating in our water yesterday. I'm allergic to them, and we don't have any in our house.*

Such is life when you live in a string of duplexes now. :/

Quoting want10more:

i'd say up to your landlord...... repeated flooding? wow, look for mold. i fully support your decision to contact he health dept. they can check for unsafe conditions in your home. if those conditions are found? (which yeah they prolly will be?) then you can either get it fixed once and for all, or you can break your lease w/o consequences...... careful tho, you guys don't wanna get sick over this! (check out minot, nd.... flooding there was just HORRIBLE)

Quoting Kmakksmom:

artistmom889
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM

nope

want10more
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM

i am a member of the norweigan mafia. we do kill people, we just can't remember why, or where we left em. instead of concrete boots, we forget and use styrofoam. other than that, we're pretty good. give me a name and if i can remember, i'll call my godfather lars. sven is on board too. they're fishing in their front yard right now, just catching weeds, but too scared to step out of the boat lest they drown. leave a message on their answering machine. if they ever find out how to use it, they'll call you back............ w/ a recipe for lutefisk and rommegrot.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Yes, we will be talking with the health dept on Monday about all of that. We know we will need new carpet at the very least. It flooded again yesterday, and the maintenance man brought over a plug to plug up a drain that's under our water heater *the area where it floods*, so we will see if it floods from there anymore or if that opens another spot to flood from.

All I know is that in the almost 5 years we have lived here, it's only flooded 3 times, and the previous landlords have gone to the various neighbors that have lived next to us and told them not to toss grease down their sinks. These new landlords wrote on a little note "Do not put toilet tissue down the toilet." and brought each tenant this note yesterday. We just shook our heads. It's NOT the t.p. that's giving us the issue. It's baby wipes, tampons, and grease. *yep, we had a tampon floating in our water yesterday. I'm allergic to them, and we don't have any in our house.*

Such is life when you live in a string of duplexes now. :/

Quoting want10more:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN