Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

drop offs and pick ups

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my sons father called and told me he would be picking him up and he asked politely if he could come to the house rather than the police station. I told him sure that we will try it one more time but if he is late dropping him off or picking him up it is back to the police station. I figure it is better to compromise than to fight. Do you think I did the right thing? 

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
orchardmoma
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I think it's always nice when your willing to compromise in the right situations. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I think so, as long as he doesn't cause any problems.

nuts4scouts
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Personally, I never did understand how dropping off a young child at a police station would have any impact on if a parent is on time, or not. 

I also never understood why you would leave your child sitting in a police station waiting for his father, or for you. A police station can be a very scary place for a child - even if a parent is there with him.

I think that doing pick-up/drop-offs where he actually lives is a good thing for your child.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Yes.  I think that when you try to co-parent in the best interest of your child, it is less stressful for the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)