Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

with holding visits

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

I find it disgusting when women with hold visitation. I think their are disclaimers that do apply. For instance if the judge issues that there is no visitation or if there is no court order. Yes neither one of my sons dads are stellar but I would never with hold visitation I follow the CO. Yes they may not be the best fathers ever but my children have a right to a relationship with their dads and they have fun when they are with them. I think if a father wants to see their child they should be able to. Opinions?

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Unless it's after 7 pm right?? You just contradicted everything you wrote about your sons father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I didn't contradict anything. I follow the CO I do not with hold my son so therefore I do not contradict anything. Thank you for your response and have a blessed day!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Unless it's after 7 pm right?? You just contradicted everything you wrote about your sons father.

Mittenmommie
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont follow my order, and you wanna know why... He uses drugs, has felony warrants, no license and no car.

Why should I allow my son to be subjected to that? Oh I know, so I can pick him up from the police station when douche bag gets arrested? I think not. There are very valid reasons some moms keep their children from the bio dads.

AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think then you should file in court. 

Quoting Mittenmommie:

I dont follow my order, and you wanna know why... He uses drugs, has felony warrants, no license and no car.

Why should I allow my son to be subjected to that? Oh I know, so I can pick him up from the police station when douche bag gets arrested? I think not. There are very valid reasons some moms keep their children from the bio dads.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Yes child you did. Maybe a dictionary is in order for you. Your statement " I think if a father wants to see their child they should be able to. Opinions?" What you meant was as long as you get to decide all the terms and times. You wouldn't let your sons other family attend his birthday. You are ridiculous. Your children suffer while you try to down their dads. Get over the man. Move on and leave him alone. And stop contradicting yourself.

Quoting AAP1988:

I didn't contradict anything. I follow the CO I do not with hold my son so therefore I do not contradict anything. Thank you for your response and have a blessed day!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Marchant you do twist my words. I do think a child should see their father. I have never stopped my children from seeing their fathers when we went to court we came up with parenting plans. With both of my kids fathers we have a co in place. I am a firm believer in following the co, because if you don't it can honestly backfire.

Also when it came to the bday party I never said he and his family could not go. All I said was if they can get along with my family they were more than welcome to come, also if my sons father would be willing to pay half for the party because he wanted his 15 family members to come and I just  could not afford 16 additional people. If he wants a joint party a joint party is when you split costs. Not one parent is responsible for everything and the other gets a free ride. But yes thank you for twisting words yet again! you are a pro!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Yes child you did. Maybe a dictionary is in order for you. Your statement " I think if a father wants to see their child they should be able to. Opinions?" What you meant was as long as you get to decide all the terms and times. You wouldn't let your sons other family attend his birthday. You are ridiculous. Your children suffer while you try to down their dads. Get over the man. Move on and leave him alone. And stop contradicting yourself.

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting marchantmom06:

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Is it in the co He has to pay for half the birthday party? The money you get in child support should cover all that stuff with no problem since you live off your parents you don't have bills to pay and should fully cover a child's party without excluding the other parent. Unless it states in your CO that he can't see him more than the time stated then you are in fact keeping him from his son and you think it's fine. Yet require him to do all the driving and want more and more with each demand. I think you are using PAS on your sons and that's so wrong.

Quoting AAP1988:

Marchant you do twist my words. I do think a child should see their father. I have never stopped my children from seeing their fathers when we went to court we came up with parenting plans. With both of my kids fathers we have a co in place. I am a firm believer in following the co, because if you don't it can honestly backfire.

Also when it came to the bday party I never said he and his family could not go. All I said was if they can get along with my family they were more than welcome to come, also if my sons father would be willing to pay half for the party because he wanted his 15 family members to come and I just  could not afford 16 additional people. If he wants a joint party a joint party is when you split costs. Not one parent is responsible for everything and the other gets a free ride. But yes thank you for twisting words yet again! you are a pro!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

whether or not there is a legal visitation schedule enforced, i would never withhold a visit from my daughters father. hes a fine father although i wouldnt put it past him to go behind my back and feed her a ton of junk food, turn her carseat forward facing, not brush her teeth, and let her watch cartoons that i disapprove of children watching.... but that is all nothing compared to the importance of my daughter having a positive relationship with her biological father. it makes her so happy to see him, even though she is perfectly content here with me and her new father figure.

AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

That goes both ways is it in the co we have to have joint parties and joint everything? it is my right to not offer to pay for a whole birthday party. It is NOT in my right to say he cannot have his own birthday party with our son. I don't understand why he cannot throw his own, he as well lives at home with his dad so he should have plenty of money. 

You really make me laugh marchant assuming I don't pay bills I pay for everything for my children as well as pay student loans and I pay my cell phone and other things I buy my own food etc. CS would not cover his half of a party or even close I get 39 dollars a week from my oldest sons father so pretty much I am the main provider for my oldest son. 

He is required to do transportation because I have a medical condition where I cannot drive. that I cannot control he knew when he was moving that he would be responsible for all transportation.

I can clearly see plain as day that you think fathers should not be responsible for one thing and the mothers should just kiss ncps butt!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Is it in the co He has to pay for half the birthday party? The money you get in child support should cover all that stuff with no problem since you live off your parents you don't have bills to pay and should fully cover a child's party without excluding the other parent. Unless it states in your CO that he can't see him more than the time stated then you are in fact keeping him from his son and you think it's fine. Yet require him to do all the driving and want more and more with each demand. I think you are using PAS on your sons and that's so wrong.

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting marchantmom06:

esox
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I agree that there are legitimate reasons not to allow visitations. However I do not agree that there needs to be a court order in place. If the other parent is worthless enough that a CO is needed chances are he/she is not fighting for those visitation rights. And if they are a good parent chances are something could be worked out between the two parents on a civil level without court involvement.
Not always the case unfortunately.
P.S. forget marchantmom. She's just looking for a battle where there isn't one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN