Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

following the court order?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

Do you think there should be a court order in place? Personally when I went to court to get my Court Order I let both of my sons dads pretty much pick the visitations that they wanted. My oldest sons dad only wanted every other Saturday 9am-3pm I asked him are you sure that it didn't seem like enough time I offered over nights he didn't want them. So okay whatever floats his boat.

My youngest sons dads takes him overnight every other weekend then on my weekends takes him Sunday for the day he is much more involved. I think following the CO is important and thats why it is there. I think if a parent wants to change times they should have to go back to court and make the changes in the parenting plan what you all think? 

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I think if both parents can handle themselves appropriately, there really doesn't need to be a court order for visitations.
AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

in my case I wish we didn't have to go back to court but my sons father wants it his way or no way at all. 

Quoting EireLass:

I think if both parents can handle themselves appropriately, there really doesn't need to be a court order for visitations.

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Your post indicates very little involvement from both fathers. You cant make someone want to parent any more than they have to.

Quoting AAP1988:

in my case I wish we didn't have to go back to court but my sons father wants it his way or no way at all. 

Quoting EireLass:I think if both parents can handle themselves appropriately, there really doesn't need to be a court order for visitations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)