Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

***Question of the Day--10/2***

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:36 AM
  • 9 Replies
Have you ever been bullied?
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:10 AM
yes as a sixthgrader. another girl , a tomboy type who couldnt leave me alone for the life of her. we finally had a stereotypical "meet me after school " fight. it was always out of the blue. yrs later I learned she had a very difficult childhood and struggled with her identity.
estrella1982
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Yes i have mam, If your refering to past tense thats a bigh Yes. As in now theres been jobs where the person who would be training me would act like such a JERK and i do consider those people Bullies.

GodsAmiga
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Yep. A whole bus laughed at me in junior high when a bully made snide remarks about my acne. I also had some girl-that same year-who I had never seen before (a high schooler) who accused me of being mean to her brother (who I also had never heard of) and started to chase me down after we got off the bus. My brothers and their friend made a wall in front of her as I ran home. Turns out she and my sister had butted heads and her and her brother were both...not very nice...to my brothers. Very spiteful. For the most part though people left me alone. Once I hit high school I had friends in most of the different circles but only a few close friends and I never really belonged to any of the cliques. They seemed to respect me though...but of course I'll never know if they said things behind my back. Lol!

Melissa_anne
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM

yep I was and it was horrible.  DH and i were just talking about this yesterday. I have a feeling DD (2nd grade) is being bullied by a girl.  DH told me i have to be the one to handle it because (as much as i am ashamed to say it) he was the bully in school, he doesn't understand the feelings of someone getting bullied. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

To make this short and sweet....yes.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I used to get bullied all the time. :(
SHELL28
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Yes. In Elementary School this boy would always make fun of me because of my weight. I was a chubby kid then. I would cry all the time and hated school. =(
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yep. From Kindergarten on up through Sophmore year. I moved in with my mom in another state. It was such a shock not being bullied it took awhile for me to even think of letting my guard down.  It got pretty bad to the point the teachers became part of it when they repeated the rumors in a matter a fact manner full well knowing it was bulling tactic. To make matters worse they choose to believe the bully over me. Not only was school unpleasent but now I was be punished at home for something I wasn't  too scared to even think about doing at age 14. 

nussknacker
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:41 AM

A part of school life. It happens. For sure for me, and I try to teach my kids to be above that. I think that  it made me stronger. To have better self esteem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)