Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

been awhile since I have been on here. needed a big break from the crazy world of CM. early september a close friend of mine and her mom decided to drive down to LA and attend a taping of the Price Is Right. long process but it was definitely worth it. As they sit us down in what I thought to be crappy seats and the show gets taping, they need another contestant and lo and behold they called my name. I got my chunky butt right outta that seat and ran down in utter disbelief. After a few of the other contestants dollaring (i know its not a word, lol) I finally made it on the stage with Drew. he tells me I am getting ready to play for 10k dollars and before I knew it, I had snatched my wig off. Drew drops down in disbelief, camera guys are rolling and the audience goes wild. after everyone regains their composure I get straight down to business. pricing game, guess 4 out of 6 items. got 3 items correct, up to 1k. he offers me the 1k or take a chance and go for the 10k. mama didnt raise no quitter! went against the audience and BAM 10k richer. everything after that is a blur. I sucked at spinning the wheel but hey I left out a winner. still in disbelief.

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Replies (11-16):
CampClan
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I read about the interview process several years ago (I can't remember where) & knew that if you did something off the wall during the interview you would most likely get called up.

Congrats!

Quoting layap:

it had to go. hot lights and all. LOL. seriously when they have 1 person that does the interviewing for all 500 audience members. you gotta have some personality and something to make him remember you buy. I ended my 2 question interview with, u put me on that stage this wig is coming off. he held up his end of the bargain and so did I. LOL

layap
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I googled and looked online for ppl that had appeared and it seems like everyone had some type of schtick.

massenberg
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM

congrats how wonderful will try and watch the show when it airs!

massenberg
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Congrats that is really wonderful. seems like you really had fun pulling ur wig off and stuff lol. i will be watchin out for the airing next month
WheelerWife
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

That's great! Congrats!!

EarlGrayHot
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Congrats!  That's exciting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN