Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is the Government Shutdown causing problems for you?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Amy
  • 6 Replies

I know it's beginning to cause issues with home loan applications, commissaries shutting down on military bases and I've got a couple of friends who have been furloughed who are now looking for work elsewhere.

Is it affecting you?  How?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gsprofval
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Nope, it's not affecting me.  Hope they hold out to get rid of bHocare though because I haven't heard of anyone who can afford it.

alf2651
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Yes. My husband was told today that he's not going to get paid.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MessedUpMama
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Only if it lasts long enough to interfere with our FHA loan. We are still in the prequalifying stage so if it takes less than 3 weeks for this to be resolved we will be fine.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Nope.  My mom and sister are both government employees.  My mom is furloughed, but my sister was able to get reclassified and moved to the medical side of the Navy Medical hospital so she was considered essential.

Marz31
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

not yet, neither of us work for the government or have major government dealings that would effect our daily life. Eventually it will touch everyone regardless, but for now, business as usual in our house.

Azmomto5
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Not yet but I am medical staff for the federal government so I am essential staff. My husband may not be paid after this month due to furloughs but we can still get by.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)