Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

am I a bad aunt/sister?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 26 Replies
My little sister is pregnant with her second child and they are really close together, the dr. said she shouldnt have gotten pregnant so quickly because of her lupus, so im having a hard time being happy for her when it could've possibly killed her, also I am a bit jealous because for the second time now my mother called me all excited because this one is going to be a boy, the reason im feeling jealous is because nobody in my family got this excited about ANY of my kids, my mom is always posting pictures of my niece and ultra sound pictures of the new baby she hasnt posted one single picture of my kids since my sister had her baby, she doesnt call them anymore or ask about them all she does is send money for birthdays and chirstmas , l Know we live in another state but l would think you would still want to Know about your other grandchildren ... am l reading to Much into things or do l have a valid point? ugh SO frustrated and confused and lm not quite sure what to do ...
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like she has a favorite, which is totally unfair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l.e.v
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM
It makes me upset because when I called her to tell her my son was going to be a boy all she did was a cool, its about time but she went out of her way to call me and scream in happiness that my sisters second baby is gonna be a boy so now she has a boy and a girl n im just sittin here like, um you have an 8 yr old grand daughter a 4 yr old grand daughter and a 3 yr old grandson not just amandas kids

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
So you're not unhappy for your sister, right? You're scared for her.
Your mother is clearly showing favoritism and that's making you angry and a tad bitter. Stop letting your mother get to you and talk to your sister personally so you don't have to listen to your mother get all excited.

Quoting l.e.v:

It makes me upset because when I called her to tell her my son was going to be a boy all she did was a cool, its about time but she went out of her way to call me and scream in happiness that my sisters second baby is gonna be a boy so now she has a boy and a girl n im just sittin here like, um you have an 8 yr old grand daughter a 4 yr old grand daughter and a 3 yr old grandson not just amandas kids

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Sounds like you are jealous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l.e.v
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
No im happy for her Ive always thought she would be a great mother. I am scared for her health, she cant take her meds while shes pregnant which can hurt her phisically, I am jealous however that her kid/kids get so much of her love and mine dont... im conflicted... im happy but not happy... I dont know if that makes sense, and my sister doesnt talk to me much because I dislike her lazy bum bf... 14 jobs in less than a year, living with my dad, making my sister work her butt off to pay his bills, wont let her drive her own car or be out of his sight for longer than 5 min.

Quoting polkaspots:

Your mother is clearly showing favoritism and that's making you angry and a tad bitter. Stop letting your mother get to you and talk to your sister personally so you don't have to listen to your mother get all excited.

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

l.e.v
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I am in a way

Quoting marchantmom06:

Sounds like you are jealous.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You're not a bad anything. I don't think I'd talk to my sister much if I disagreed with so many aspects of how she lives her life.

Quoting l.e.v:

No im happy for her Ive always thought she would be a great mother. I am scared for her health, she cant take her meds while shes pregnant which can hurt her phisically, I am jealous however that her kid/kids get so much of her love and mine dont... im conflicted... im happy but not happy... I dont know if that makes sense, and my sister doesnt talk to me much because I dislike her lazy bum bf... 14 jobs in less than a year, living with my dad, making my sister work her butt off to pay his bills, wont let her drive her own car or be out of his sight for longer than 5 min.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l.e.v
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
She doesnt understand what a loser he is, she loves him so shell do anything for him including taking care of him financially. .. gets on my nerves, I dont like calling her cause she tries to convince me of how great of a guy he is n then we get into a fight cause I dont see it. I think hes a lazy douche

Quoting polkaspots:

You're not a bad anything. I don't think I'd talk to my sister much if I disagreed with so many aspects of how she lives her life.

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I'd suggest having the boyfriend not be up for discussion anymore and see what she says. Tell her you don't want to argue about it anymore. It's her decision, but you don't want her trying to convince you she's right and you won't try to convince her she's wrong.
It doesn't really matter how you feel about him. She knows where you stand already, don't let it make your relationship worse.

Quoting l.e.v:

She doesnt understand what a loser he is, she loves him so shell do anything for him including taking care of him financially. .. gets on my nerves, I dont like calling her cause she tries to convince me of how great of a guy he is n then we get into a fight cause I dont see it. I think hes a lazy douche

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l.e.v
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
That makes perfect sense, ill do it when I call her tonight to congratulate her on having a boy... thanks for talking to me btw its made me feel bit better having someone to talk to

Quoting polkaspots:

I'd suggest having the boyfriend not be up for discussion anymore and see what she says. Tell her you don't want to argue about it anymore. It's her decision, but you don't want her trying to convince you she's right and you won't try to convince her she's wrong.

It doesn't really matter how you feel about him. She knows where you stand already, don't let it make your relationship worse.

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting l.e.v:

Quoting polkaspots:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)