Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What are your memories of October?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
the Octobers of my youth were filled with leaf piles and the smell of them burning, New plaid wool skirts, saddle shoes and cardigan sweaters. The crisp air in the mornings and the warmth of the afternoons. orange paper Jack-o-lanterns, silhouettes of witches flying across the moon and stores filled with boxed Halloween costumes with masks .Making popcorn balls for the trick or treaters and classroom parties.
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HiDi
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

The colorful,changes of the tree leaves, cool,misty,foggy,fall morning air, Halloween decorations;and,the past,present memories of ' fall seasonal times' with family,friends,and the environment !

nurse-mommy
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Cold football games under the lights with my friends in hs, apple picking, running on trails, hiking in the brilliant colors of leaves, the smell in the air,cool mornngs with comfortable days and both of my babies were born in October...
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I do like the applepicking. we didnt do that as kids unless there was an apple tree in the neighborhood. . here in New England now we do it every year
Marz31
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

don't really have childhood memories, October was just another month. but now, it's Birthday Season. Besides my one and only daughter's birthday, we have a large handful of friends with birthdays in October. So it gets a bit crazy. Then add in all the fun things to do in the autumn and you've got a jam-packed month of fun :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)