Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Obama care encouraging divorce for lower rates?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

It has come to my attention that the Obama crap is charging a lot extra for couples to be married, in order to make up for divorced and/or unmarried couples.  Does anyone know anything about this?

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I haven't heard that. But definitely doesn't seem fair if it's true.

Annsf
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
States are responsible for marriage licenses. Check it out. In fact, your comment doesn't make sense.
paknari
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM
You don't have to buy family insurance so that doesn't really make sense. You can buy a single policy just like all other insurance. My family plan at work is nearly double what it is with just me and my kids. What rock have you been living under for the past 10 years?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw a chart, there is actually a "marriage penalty". I don't think it's meant to encourage divorce, but it might make people think twice about getting married.

Mrs.TSmith
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Quoting paknari:

You don't have to buy family insurance so that doesn't really make sense. You can buy a single policy just like all other insurance. My family plan at work is nearly double what it is with just me and my kids. What rock have you been living under for the past 10 years?

Obviously you didn't understand the question. It's okay. No need to get hostile. The person who responded after you hit it on the nose though. It is a "marriage penalty" that I was asking about.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN