Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Just a little ti-raid/vent..

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

I know I can do this here and be understood. Don't get me wrong I love my husband more and more everyday. How ever.  I see a neurologist for chronic migraines, I take daily medication plus medication when I get a breakthrough migraine. (anyone that suffers from migraines understands this) Migraine's are not your average headache.

My DH occasionally gets a migraine, he starts off taking the Tylenol migraine, sighs, moans, I ask him if he has taken my prescription med. (he always says no, but could I put a cold wash cloth over his eyes) So I do. then he gets up to lay on the couch. (no tv) he thinks its darker in there? or just laying different on the couch may help. He takes more Tylenol, more sighing, moaning, I finally make him take one of my prescpt. meds.  Then I make coffee, take the dogs out. feed them.  Get his wash cloth cold again, make the bed, get him some toast, and a cup of coffee, and he is feeling better.

NOW, when I have a migraine, I get several texts though out the day, "sorry to bother you but can you do..." or, "can you look through the box of ...." IF he is home. He is hammering, sawing, using the leaf blower, AND then says "do you know what I did with the ...?? " Or I can't find the such and such in the shed, I know u have a "headache"? I think I need another set of eyes"... (never mind I'm on the verge of hugging the toilet)  OH< What are we having for supper, did you have anything planned? ...NO MIGRAINE.. trying to lay down here... oh yeah right. is your head any better?

MEN! They will never get it!

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
raczac
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Mine doesn't believe I get migraines or thinks I make to big of a deal about needibg quiet or darkness.
gr8d8n3mom
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Amazing isn't it. I used to tell my X I want you to get just 1 migraine, you couldn't handle it! (he also thought I "willed" my period too!) OHHH yeah, I had the worst periods ever, you name it, I had it, cramps, headaches, my legs hurt, etc. yeah buddy, I WANTED that! 

My now DH is better about my illness. It's just the migraines, he "forgets" I have one.

Quoting raczac:

Mine doesn't believe I get migraines or thinks I make to big of a deal about needibg quiet or darkness.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Just explain to him how powerful your migraines are and that you need peace and quiet.  Explain that you won't be responding to texts or doing anything that is not life threatening until you are better.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My DS gets migraines at 8 y/o. I'm sorry your DH is such a jerk about it. Next time he gets one don't do anything nice for him treat him the same way he treats you and maybe he will understand. I know that is not the right thing to do but it might be worth a shot.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Migraines are the worst.  I'm sorry.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I'm sorry. Hugs. Migraines suck! 

WAHUHeather
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Some men are just that way. My ex was that way too. I guess that is why women are miracle workers and why we can handle multiple tasks at one time and they can't. hehe....

Marketing Executive - Melaleuca
208-561-5020
www.workathomeunited.com/2bfree2011
Liebschin
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Wow.  I'm so sorry.  I must have gotten really lucky since my dh not only doesn't underestimate my migraines but he'll go out of his way to try and make me feel better.  Even if that includes wrangling the children and steering them away from me or taking them out of the house on days he's not working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN