Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sports just don't interest me

Posted by   + Show Post
My niece is in visiting and thinks I'm such a weird person not to like sports..I have many interests just not sports...Is that unamerican?
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Replies (11-18):
Caitlin10081989
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Not liking sports is not unamerican. 

Tawneekitn
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I don't like sports.  My dad was not into sports and I went to games with my friends a couple times in high school and thought they were boring.  The only sport I do l like is one that most don't like or watch - Bull Riding.  PBR(Professional Bull Riding) is my one sport that I do watch and I got hooked on it by watching it with my Granddad who used to ride broncs.  My son, nephew, and cousins doesn't like sports either. 

karisma22
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM

No.  There are many people who don't like sports.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I don't care for sports either. I'll cheer dd at her hockey games, and I adopted the 49ers as a football team 'cause SO is SUCH a big fan, but I don't just turn on the sports channel or anything like that.
1CrazyCajun
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I know a lot of people that doesn't like sports. Nothing wrong with that. I only watch football, NFL. After teh season is over, I don't watch anything.

~* No Drama Mamas*~  Join Us

Promote your Business - Join us

avonleafan
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Mine doesn't either. I totally lucked out. My dad and bros are sports fanatics. Glad to be rid of that.

Quoting offrdngal:

My husband doesn't like sports either, which is fine by me. :) I think he only tolerates NASCAR. LOL

Quoting Marz31:

It's not weird, altho I do find it odd that my friend's HUSBAND has no interest in any sports. I love baseball and like football well enough (to watch) and I played tennis in high school, but I would never consider myself sporty. But I'd say it's better to not be into any than to be an addict like my BIL can be (fanatic doesn't even begin to describe it!)

StepDucky
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I don't think it's weird....I can't stand sports. And my Husband doesn't like them either. 

Sport get in my way of other things... I can't stand baseball or football seasons. Lol 

Cyn38
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I have several friends and family that are avid fans of football, basketball and Nascar.  I have watched games from time to time but only if I'm with someone else who is watching it.  Personally, I could care less if I ever saw another sporting event in my life (whether on TV or in person).  I hope you aren't unAmerican because that would mean that I am, too. wink mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN