Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

STINK BUGS

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

Our living room is invated by stink bugs. I have a clean house but I can't get rid of these bugs. Any ideas?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

If you find a good one, please let me know.  Luckily they don't get inside to much, but when they do it's by way of the kitchen door or the dining room slider door and we catch them pretty quick and immediately put those suckers in the toilet!!  We put those glue boards out by the door & it caught a lot; they like warm places.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
do you have a pic of the bugs ? what I grew up calling stink bugs are different from what folks here in MA call stink bugs. and I have killed their stink bugs many times and never had an odor...
dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM

You definitely don't want to squish/kill these little suckers, they stink something horrible!!

letstalk747
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

they were outside for a couple weeks  then all disappeared

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM
yeah. thats what they call stink bugs here too. i must not be able to smell them cause I kill them frequently by accident or because they are on my walls

Quoting dingysfamily:

You definitely don't want to squish/kill these little suckers, they stink something horrible!!

SWasson
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Knock them into a Snapple bottle (or jam jar, or something similar) and take them outside. They like to come inside when the weather gets cold. BTW, my DD has found that usually when you pick them up, if you do it gently, they don't release any stink, so you can use your hands, too.

Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I see them alot at work, but not at home. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)