Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

HAVE ANYONE EXPERIENCE A BLOOD CLOT, FYI- SHARING MY THOUGHTS

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi there,

you problem want to know what is a DVT or PE, some of you ladies problem heard of this or had experience once in your life time.  DVT  (Deep Vein Thrombosis) is a blood clot that can be in the deepest part of your vein usually found in the lower part of your leg.  A P.E ( pulmonary Embolism) is a floating clot that broke off from the DVT.

In 2006, I found out that I had a DVT and a PE, The clot had broken off from my leg and float to both of my lungs. I did not know what the  hell I got this, but either sitting to long at my desk or just being over weight. but I that time I was bless, because if I had a hole or some type of heart trouble I would had die.    well I did all the blood thinner therapy and the blood clot had disappears.  The doctor did not tell me no other treatments or long life treatment that I should do to prevent any future problems. In September of 2013 I had start to notice that my leg was hard and very painful, I did bump my leg on the bus. but that bruised went away. In October my leg was getting worse  my leg was hard, red painful and swollen. I went to the doctor told him whats going on, he tell me is scar tissues, I said no this is not scar tissues I had mention to him that I had a DVT in the past.  He  told me it was a  scar tissues from my bump. I left him went to ER and they did their test and did not find a blood clot. but they told me I had cellulitiesa infection in my leg,  OK so they gave me some antibiotics and I was taken it for two weeks. I have not seen any changes. 

I ask my primary doctor can I see a vascular doctor. He told me yes..... October 26th 2013, The vascular doctor examined my leg and told me... I am experience a post side effect from the DVT that I had in 2006,  that  dam clot creep up on me again but in a different way., POST THROMBOSIS SYNDROME which is chronic  side effect condition of a DVT.  so ladies if you ever had a DVT you problem will experience this problem.  The vascular doctor ask me did the previous doctor in 2006 suggested  for you to wear a compression stocking for at least 2 years to prevent PTS. I told him no. now I got this swollen painful discoloration leg all because a doctor did not tell me to wear a stocking.  I am so mad that I want to find that doctor pop him with a little hammer. The doctor  told me their nothing surgery can fix because the vein are damage. But I need to start a compression treatment to prevent a blood clot develope, eventualy the color wil come back in my leg and the swelling and pain will go away. but vicodin is doing it job right now.

I know this is long but I guest I just want to share my dilemma frustrated

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melissa_anne
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:41 AM

I have not had any blood clots, but i do have a fear of getting them, I sit for my job (10 hour shifts) and I am overweight.  I try to move around when i am working but sometimes it's hard to do when i have something going on at work. 

I am sorry you are going through this!!!!!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM
My husband has had 2. He is extremely physically fit....but has had 2 surgeries, years apart, and both times a clot has formed. Because hes very in tune with his body, he recognizes symptoms quickly. He immediately asks for ultrasounds, etc. Cumiden injections, then pills. And aspirin forever.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I haven't had blood clots, but my mom has.  She had 2 of them a few years ago that traveled from her leg, through her brain and landed in both lungs.  She was very lucky that she caught it but it would've been better had they been caught sooner.  Blood clots are a scary thing!

She knows what to expect now and immediately sees the doctor when she has even a hint of a symptom.

Annsf
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Wow! Have I? 4 in fact, 1 of which went to the lungs. All mine were due to inactivity because I have a painful hip problem. Now I have been on blood thinners forever. Also, I have what is called an umbrella or sieve which was inserted in the right femoral artery, absolutely painless. It goes under my lungs and hopefully would catch any clots before they reach my lungs or heart. I feel much more secure and wonder why they waited so long. Not being able to breathe well was really uncomfortable. The technical name is Braun Vena Cava filter. Wish I had known about this earlier. The med is Warfarin, but there are several. Btw I am not overweight. No operations or leg breaks, although I did break my wrist before the last. Drs. Say that usually the breaks are of a "long bone." Good luck. Also, be sure that you check mayocliniic.com for any symptoms. I had diagnosed myself before I called the dr. There are many other websites, but I trust Mayo.
EarlGrayHot
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I had two in my right lower leg a few years ago which stayed put by the time I went to a doctor and had a test to see I had them.  I took a blood thinner but beyond the pain I never had any further problems.  I was never told to wear the stocking after six months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)