Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

TRU open @ 5pm?!!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
Will any of you be standing n line at 4pm to get into Toys R Us at 5pm on Thanksgiving? I am all about deals but that is ridiculous! It's like there won't even b a Thanksgiving soon. It'll just b a shopping day.
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  I stay away from TRU at holiday time.  I worked there one Christmas season for some extra money and that place is a mad house!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:33 PM
our black friday starts at 1 am here. blue laws.
anj2mom
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
What's that? They should have that everywhere! :)

Quoting calsmom62:

our black friday starts at 1 am here. blue laws.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
morality laws left over from the puritans. non essential businesses are closed on holidays or have limited hours. these are the same laws that typically keep hard liquor from being sold on Sundays.
The_Doodle
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

My husband has to be at work at 6 so I will be spending all my time with him. Plus I don't do Black Friday (well, Thanksgiving Thursday now, seems like) shopping.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Not a chance. If I do any shopping on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, it will be online. I do not need a deal so badly that I'm willing to go out in that craziness.
anj2mom
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Last yr i think i left home at 8 but i did not rush any family time. I was just gonna go when we were home and done. I mainly went to have my kind of girls night. :)
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

No way. We have holiday tradition of decorating the house for Christmas, order pizza and relax. Hubby and I will shop online together. 

Smh77
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Doesnt everyone else know that you can do your black Friday shopping ONLINE. I havent stood in line for. Years bc I know what I want, wait for the time it would begin at the store, wake up, log in! Sometimes it even starts the night before at midnight! Try it out!
anj2mom
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Last yr i was n line at target waiting to get in and the girl in front of me was ordering a tv online bc she knew they'd be gone once she got inside.

Quoting Smh77:

Doesnt everyone else know that you can do your black Friday shopping ONLINE. I havent stood in line for. Years bc I know what I want, wait for the time it would begin at the store, wake up, log in! Sometimes it even starts the night before at midnight! Try it out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN