Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

2 Thanksgiving questions...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 6 Replies

I might post this in more than one group, just to get a good variety. 

I am looking for a nice thanksgiving vegan recipe', because my cousin is vegan. I would prefer something everyone could eat. Something delicious. I just want an option for her so that she can eat something. My grandmother is hosting thanksgiving for my side of the family and I know she won't make something for her, so I wanted to provide something. Does anyone have a nice vegan thanksgiving recipe?

At the thanksgiving I am hosting, I need a good gluten-free recipe for my mother-in-law. I know she can eat some things I'm serving, but mashed poatoes and stuffing are out of the question for her, so I want to know if anyone knows of anything I can make.

Yes, I could google it, but I wouldn't know if it was good until after it was done, so I'm asking for your opinion.

Thank you in advance!!!

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jendawgrox2004
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Bump!!!

goldilocksbecky
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Real mashed potatoes are gluten free, less you put something in them that has gluten.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM

If you use real mashed potatoes you should be ok.  

Are you on pinterest?  I just did a search there for vegan thanksgiving recipes and came up with a bunch of things. :)

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
lentil rice pilaf. would work for both diets. 2 c rice 1 c lentils 1 onion diced sauteed until some are crispy and all are browned on edges. salt and a 1/2teaspoon cumin. serve with diced cucumber and tomaties and minced parsley tossed with lemon juice olive oil salt salad.
karisma22
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I have never heard of mashed potatoes having glutten in them.

Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Good luck w/your search.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN