Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Obsessed with children's ballroom dancing!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 3 Replies

I recently discovered tiny children doing competition ballroom dancing and also, competition partner division ice dancing.

I remember trying to get my daughter interested in this instead of the Irish dancing when the teachers began pushing straight haired children to wear wigs. 

Have a look for yourself. It is so cute/fun/amazing to watch! The link below is for a competition that happened in Moscow two years ago, under 12 division Tango.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPl9gV3R-O0

The cure for anything is saltwater.

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
The wigs are just part of the costume. If she enjoys the Irish dancing, I would just let her do it.
letstalk747
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM

i like watching this also , kids clogging too

coronado25
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM
As an ex Irish dancer from the 80's who was touring before "Riverdance" made it explode, I can assure you, that while curls have always been popular, they were never a mandatory part of costuming while I was growing up, nor as a young adult on tour. My daughter danced from age 3 til 13. It was not til she was 8 that the teacher started pushing wigs. I was pretty appalled.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

The wigs are just part of the costume. If she enjoys the Irish dancing, I would just let her do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)