Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge
Can anyone tell me what exactly I should expect while getting the shot for birth control?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
MCA23
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Had two rounds of depo, and I couldn't get it out of my system fast enough.
For me- I ended up with 10-14 day long periods, then a few days off, then another 10-14 days.  Bled pretty much all the time.  Felt irrationally grouchy all the time.  Didn't agree with me at all, and took me a good year without any shots before my cycle went back to normal.  Some women swear by it, but for me it was a big mistake.

mrsshelton_2
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I had 1 round of the depo. I bled for 7 1/2 months, it made my hips hurt like they did when I was pregnant, I was super bitchy, and I had a non-existent sex drive. I quit taking it and it took around a year for my periods to be normal. We went without birth control for 18 months until we got pregnant again.
I'll never do the depo shit again, I'd rather have a tubal.
norwgnwood
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I did it once and it made me crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kspencer11
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM

my doctor put me on the depo shot after i needed the mirena removed by surgery.  i only get my "period" once every other month. my friend gets it since she gets killer pains when ever she got her friend, and since she's been on it, she stopped getting her cycle and its really helped. i've been on it for almost a year now, without any problems.

XHams
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM
I got implanon, a small stick is implanted in your arm, set for 3 years, no period.
CrystalPystol
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I didn't have periods.
mellybelly1983
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Ive been on it for a while. i had weight gain and i haven't had my period for a long time. never really had bad issues with it but it isn't for everybody.

1Lovemyhusband
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Yes, it's defferant for everyone.  I got it twice and for 6 months I couldn't stop bleeding, but my sister use to get them and she neve had a period. 

MomGirls
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I'm currently not on any form of birth control at the moment. I tried majority of them (iuds, shot, and pills) and eventually came to a point that none of them worked for me. But because I really wasn't ready for another child right now, I considered trying the depo shot again. But you ladies have changed my mind. I rather resort to more natural methods. I just pray I don't get pregnant.
cybcm
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:21 AM

I've had no issues with it. Gained no weight, only have very light periods, no issues with irritability or anything like that, been on it for 4 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)