Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21ish year old moms??

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 21 Replies

any moms out there 21 years old??

I dont know what to do, i sit at home all day excpet when im at work and play with my baby, I have no friends. My boyfriend lives with me so we are together 24/7 and he has no friends either since he moved here from Missouri. I feel like im being a bitch to him because he doesnt give me space but I have no friends to go and do things with. I dont even really know anyone my age with a baby. What do you girls to give yourself a break from everything. I dont want to sound like i dont want to spend time with my son becuase i love spending time with him but i have been feeling depressed lately and i feel like i need some mom time.

Im sorry if this doesnt make any sense. I just dont know what to do.

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do you have to sit at home? Get out, go somewhere. Take a walk, go to the mall, do something. People drive themselves crazy staying inside all of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessicamarquez
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
O craft walk clean cook and gold I am 21 with a ten month old if that matters
Jessicamarquez
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I and golf lol

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

O craft walk clean cook and gold I am 21 with a ten month old if that matters

Bertha21
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I am 21 with an almost 3 year old. I love being with my husband and son, so no advice there. What state are you in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Welcome!  

I'm older than you, but far, but wanted to suggest that you check out the Young Moms group.  I think you might find some other moms there in similar circumstances, as well as some good advice to help you make some new friends, etc.   

Quoting Carson_mommy09:

any moms out there 21 years old??

I dont know what to do, i sit at home all day excpet when im at work and play with my baby, I have no friends. My boyfriend lives with me so we are together 24/7 and he has no friends either since he moved here from Missouri. I feel like im being a bitch to him because he doesnt give me space but I have no friends to go and do things with. I dont even really know anyone my age with a baby. What do you girls to give yourself a break from everything. I dont want to sound like i dont want to spend time with my son becuase i love spending time with him but i have been feeling depressed lately and i feel like i need some mom time.

Im sorry if this doesnt make any sense. I just dont know what to do.

angiejones256
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM
What state r u in?
Carson_mommy09
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I live in Massachusettes

venessaw04
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM

have your bf watch the baby and go get a massage or something for yourself and make new friend.  

momof4kids257
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I had 2 children by the time I was 21 and my family and friends were all 2800 miles away we were in the Navy and moved constantly.I couldn't make friends because I am so super shy I know exactly how you feel those 4 walls cave in on you quite a bit when your in them too long.

I found going on walks with my double stroller and the wagon helped me vent to myself about how selfish I felt -I understand now-didn't then.My husband was on the ship every 3 days he would come home and just veg out. I still had to do everything so I hardly ever had a break except when the babies were sleeping. I found a few outlets for my frustration. I started sewing,crocheting and painting ceramics. Boy was that ever the best thing ever. I also indulged in "ME" time while the babies slept. I'd watch a movie just because! Some of my sanity seemed to return finally and I found a balance. Then the next year I had a third baby.So I was never not busy.Talk to these wonderful people online when it gets to  you.. they are all so sweet and helpfull.Good luck and try to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy the baby-they grow too fast.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Put the baby in a sling or stoller, get outside and walk. Check out your local library. They may have information on mom groups. Don't limit yourself to moms your own age; I learned lots from being around experienced moms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)