Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Planned a date night but..

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband and I rarely get a night out without the kids.  We don't have a lot of family that can babysit.  I told my hubby I'd like to hire a sitters just so we can go out one night a month just to have time as a couple.  He was really into the idea and told me if I could find someone he'd definitely do it.  I found a sitter and everything we decided on a night and time.  Today he tells me he invited another couple along on our date night. I don't even know the couple.  He's done this before where we have a date night and one time he invited his aunt and uncle out with us, another time he told his friends we were going to get wings and a few drinks and told them to meet us there.  

We seriously only get a date night about 3 or 4 times a year.  Today when he told me he invited this couple to go that I don't know (and he didn't even ask me before asking them) I got mad and told him that we don't get to go out and have time to ourselves very often and I really wanted it to just be me and him and told him about the other times he invited people on our date night without asking me first.  It's not that I'm anti-social it's just that we NEED time alone as a couple for our relatioship.  That was the point of the conversation about finding a sitter for one weekend a month.  This is the very first date night with the sitter (so it's just starting).  

I'm always so two sided.  I guess it's the Libra in me but one side says maybe they'll be a nice couple and we'll have fun, but the other part is bothered by the fact that my husband doesn't seem to want to go out anywhere with just me. Would you be mad?  

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go anyway and enjoy a night out minus the kid but I would also tell hubby how you feel. I would be concern there may be an issue we aren't communicating very well about.

angiewith2
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I made it very clear to him how I feel.  I didn't beat around the bush.  I made it clear every time he did this.  I think you're right though.  I should just go and make the best of it.  

mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  No reason to worry about whether you were wrong.  I agree with you.  What did he say when you expressed that it was a date night for you two?  Men can be fickle creatures, but I would let him know that no more couple date nights without your prior agreement because you two need the alone time to rekindle and bond as husband and wife.  He will understand.  Good luck!

XHams
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I would just say: "husband, we never go out just the two of us, and all these other times you've invited random people. Can you call them back and uninvite them? Thanks."

Idk how the mood for the night would turn out though. But my husband is usually about making me happy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)