Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Kinda afraid

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
So I just found out im pregnant with my second and of course im excited but im scared too. Its been over two years since ive taken care of a newborn and im afraid I forgot how. Like I cant remember the right way to fold the blanket to swaddle . I mean I have like 7 months to figure it out . Maybe its just jitters. Im so excited cuz I get to have a beautiful baby with the man I love im just really nervous. plus my first labor didn't go so well. two epidurals didn't work.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Congratulations!

Don't worry, you have NOT forgotten how to take care of a newborn.  The second that sweet babe is in your arms, it'll all come flooding back along with the unconditional love.  

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Well should have used bc, or practice celibacy.
acakes
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That was a dumb comment.

Quoting hopealways4019: Well should have used bc, or practice celibacy.
Momofmenagerie
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM
There are eleven years between my boys! It didn't take long to fall back into it.

You'll be fine.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM
That was a dumb comment? Dont you mean this was a dumb question? Its dumb when grown azz women, say im pregnant and scared. I had 6 planned pregnancy, i was never scared! When i laid down, and spreaded my legs, i knew what could happened. Babies are a blessing. When i didnt want kids? I made sure to get my bc. Merry xmas!

Quoting acakes: That was a dumb comment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acakes
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Excuse me. I apologize. I forgot we were all suppose to feel exactly like you.

Quoting hopealways4019: That was a dumb comment? Dont you mean this was a dumb question? Its dumb when grown azz women, say im pregnant and scared. I had 6 planned pregnancy, i was never scared! When i laid down, and spreaded my legs, i knew what could happened. Babies are a blessing. When i didnt want kids? I made sure to get my bc. Merry xmas!

alexgia
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM
3 moms liked this

you are critical of her because she is scared?  are you the same one who had several miscarriages within several months?  if so, maybe your bc is not working.  even if you are not that person you are not a very caring person.  when i lost my first to sids i was very nervous about my second.  it is very natural to be scared especially after a difficult pegnancy. glad you "laid down and spreaded your legs".  what a classy way to say this.  this woman has honest issues and you reduce them to your idea of being a mother.  you have six kids so how much bc or celibacy have you used?  i hope you are not the one  that has adopted/foster kids because as a grandmother i would hate for any kids to live in your house. 

Quoting hopealways4019: That was a dumb comment? Dont you mean this was a dumb question? Its dumb when grown azz women, say im pregnant and scared. I had 6 planned pregnancy, i was never scared! When i laid down, and spreaded my legs, i knew what could happened. Babies are a blessing. When i didnt want kids? I made sure to get my bc. Merry xmas!

Kspencer11
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I was the same way when i found out i was pregnant with my second baby. ( i didn't use bc that was a dumb thing on my part ), and i was so scared. My baby was only 6 months at the time. I was deff not ready. But as soon as i had her, everything came right back.

Good luck with this labor. Hope everything goes better this time around! :)

anotherandree
by Inga on Dec. 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree when someone else said that this is just a dumb, shitting comment. Having the jitters is no reason for such cattiness. Grow up.

mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Congrats! You will be fine.  The hospital can remind you how to swaddle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN