Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my best friend probably hates me

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
I think my best friend or ex best friend hates me. We were friends for 7 years and things fell apart because she didnt like that i texted her boyfriend who was another good friend of mine of whom i introduced to her. I am happily married with a baby. Although there were feelings between me and her boyfriend 8 years ago those feeling are long gone, we never had a sexual relationship. After i had told her i texted him, they both went for 2 weeks without saying a word to me or replying to texts or phone calls. Worried something was wrong i went to her house to check on her... She was fine. She threw accusations that i had lied to her about talking to her boyfriend and brought up our past. It was another 2 months and i decide to try to mend things. I apologized for texting him and asked if she'd consider trying to be friends again but she said she wasn't ready. I told her she wouldn't hear from me again unless she made contact. Its close to 3 months and I've heard nothing and she runs at the sight of me. Im so confused... Just seems like theres more to this but she wont talk to me. How could she just throw away our friendship? So many questions and i dont know if ill ever get answers. Just had to get this out if my head.
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you think he has feelings for you? And she feels threatened?

adrens_mommy166
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Its possible... She's always been very insecure and jealous. Its still just hard to understand that after all we've been thru she could do this. Im sure he doesn't have feeling for me anymore. He wont even give me the time of day. She's still with him. She just left me in a very confused and angry state. I've been trying to let it go and move on... I know things can never be the way they were. Its just all the questions. Was it worth it? If im the guilty one, why are they avoiding me?
Saurusmom8
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
They are avoiding you to build security between them. Its what people do when they need to step back and build trust.

She may just be assuming. You say she is jealous and there may be some truth to that from your perspective. You said you were sorry and you made attempts and that's all you can do (and its more than what most would do)..

She is hurt. You are getting confused signals because she is confused. She isn't getting clarity from him and something is not secure between them. Either way you need to back off and let her have her space. She is struggling and the best thing to do is give her space and be kind when you can. If the contents of your texts were out of line and he was party to that then it may be time to let this go.

I hope in time things clear and I am sorry.
nuts4scouts
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

What on earth did you text to her bf ?

Did you do that a lot? 

Or, was this a once a year thing?

Obviously your ex-friend was not comfortable with what you texted to her bf, was your husband?

Again, what was so important that you had to text an ex-bf who was now the bf of your jealous "best" friend?

Lots of questions here, and not just about your "best" friend's behavior.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM

No one gets this angry of a platonic txt. Maybe there is something you going on you are unaware of? She was introduced to the bf by you knowing you and this guy have been friends for years why would she this upset over a text msg from a friend .

adrens_mommy166
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM
They were honestly innocent texts. This happened in the beginning of October and at that time i had began volunteering at a haunted house. I was really excited so i was texting everyone asking them to come out and check it out. He responded asking about it and i told him what it was about, where it was, and how long it was going on. Hadnt talked to him in a while so we caught up a little but nothing was said that could ruin my friendship with his girlfriend.

Quoting nuts4scouts:

Did you do that a lot? 

Obviously your ex-friend was not comfortable with what you texted to her bf, was your husband?

Again, what was so important that you had to text an ex-bf who was now the bf of your jealous "best" friend?

adrens_mommy166
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Also he was never my boyfriend. I said earlier that there were feelings years ago but it never developed passed that. I met my husband and we went separate ways keeping in touch every so often.
adrens_mommy166
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Got me... She knew long before they got together that he was my friend.

Quoting Bonneata:

No one gets this angry of a platonic txt. Maybe there is something you going on you are unaware of? She was introduced to the bf by you knowing you and this guy have been friends for years why would she this upset over a text msg from a friend .

karisma22
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

She did not say that her friend's boyfriend was her ex.  She said they were friends and that she introduced them.  She has every right to be friends with both of them.  Why do so many people seem to think that people of the opposite sex cannot be friends?

Quoting nuts4scouts:

Did you do that a lot? 

ahleesha14
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM

That is weird that she would be like that. You have to let her come to you. Just wait it out. Thats all you can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)