Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Having a really hard time...

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 27 Replies
So, July 23, 2013, I told my husband I wanted a divorce. He was abusive and I met someone else and fell in love. It was in no way our intentions to fall in love, but when you find your true soul mate, it's inevitable. My husband and I, along with MY son lived with my parents. After I told my husband that I wanted a divorce, my parents kicked me out. Since then, they have gotten full custody of my son and my husband is still living with them. I miss my son so much and I don't know if and/or when I will be able to get him back. I only get to see him for a couple hours once a week. It really bothers me that my soon-to-be ex husband gets to be around him and I don't, and he's not even his biological father. I can't afford a lawyer, so I can't fight my parents in court. I've tried going through legal services but they don't handle child custody cases. My fiancé and I plan on getting married as soon as our divorces are final and we are allowed to. The only person in my family that is speaking to me other than my son is my father. Everyone else has taken my ex's side and disowned me and chosen him over me. My mother knew about the abuse and blamed me for it, just like she has blamed everything bad that has happened to me on me. I could care less about her, as she has never really been a mother to me. My fiancé is the perfect man and he treats me right. I've even lost all of MY close friends because I left an abusive husband. I'm having a really hard time dealing with the loss of my son. I just don't know what to do anymore...any advice???
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thibbyk91a
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
:(Hugs momma
CrystalPystol
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no advice, but I hope things get better for you.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Wait a second, how the heck did THEY get custody of your son?

lazyd
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
4 moms liked this

There has to be a LOT more to this story.  HOW did your parents get custody of your son!?!?  Did you & your parents go to court already & sign papers & the judge agreed to give custody of your son to your parents??  Unless you are an abusive woman or have a documented case of neglect with your son there is NO WAY a judge would not give YOU custody of your son even if your homeless...A judge would not give your soon to be ex husband custody of your son either, unless your exdh had adopted your son legally.  And if you dont have any papers that you signed giving up custody of your son, you can see your son ANY time you like for as long as you like!!  I dont know what your situation is, but i dont understand how you "lost" your son??  Go back to legal services & ask them for a free lawyer who does child custody - they should have a list for those who qualify based on income.  You also dont need a lawyer - go to your county govt offices & file paperwork to get sole custody of your son & you will get a court date, etc & you bring all documentation that you have a steady home, steady job, etc & you will get custody, unless there is something majorly wrong with you.      

KADE1985
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
This is the entire story ... There's no more to it other than my parents tricked me into signing over joint custody in 2011 that stated that my son had to love at their address, therefore I would have been illegal for me to take him with me when they kicked me out. I've tried legal services and they said they don't handle child custody cases. We went to court September 3rd and I was forced to come to an agreement with them because I didn't have a lawyer, they didn't tell me I had the right to have one appointed for me, and they subpoenaed my soon-to-be ex husband who would've lied through his teeth. They lied to the lawyer and the judge.
BUMBLEscumble
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I'm sorry, hun.  No advice.

I am so sorry. 

*Hugs*

mindful23
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry i find this entire story hard to follow. I would suggest getting legal advice in the near future when you are financially able. Most importantly get yourself into counselling programs to help with your issues
mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I am praying for you.  My advice would be to bide your time and gather proof of the abuse.  Get divorced and go after him in court.  Research free legal services in your area to help you with your case.  Good luck!

lazyd
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

still doesnt make any sense & i dont think thats the WHOLE, TRUE story.  WHY did your parents kick YOU out??  Like i stated before go to legal services and ask for references who DO do custody services!  Go to your counties government building - social services building - and ask for a lawyer who will help you with custody!  Based on your income this should all be free!  It doesnt sound like you are fighting very hard for your son.  Where are you staying now?  Document everything!  WHY do your parents hate you soo much they would take your son away?      

ahleesha14
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow that is horriable. i am sorry for what you are going through. At least you have a few people that are on your side. Stick by them and hang in there. When this all blows over it should get better. You are doing the right thing. You did nothing wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)