Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Cool quiz. take it and post your answers here.

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthernMamaof1
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That had me pegged exactly right.  I didn't keep track of all my answers, but the 3 cities that were listed at my most similar were the in the region I grew up. I moved from one area in the south to another area in the south. I still live in the south, but everyone here says my southern accent is different from their southern accent.  They can tell I'm not from here.

letstalk747
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

all but one matched me

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

The three most similar cities it listed for me were Tacoma, WA, San Jose, CA, and Fremont, CA.  I was born in CA (and live there now), but I've never been to any of those three cities.  Interestingly, on my map, the area of Alabama where I spent 10 years as a child is in a pale yellow shade.  I'm glad not much of that place rubbed off on me, lol!  However, the "y'all" occasionally comes out.  I've mostly broken myself of it, but not entirely.

My three least simliar cities were Pittsburgh, PA, Worcester, MA, and Winston-Salem, NC.  I've never been to any of them, either.

Christine9576
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I got Boston, which is so true.

Christine7695snowgirl

frenzied
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I got:

Cleveland, OH

Akron, OH

Buffalo NY

merryvoice
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I got California, which is where I was born, but the cities weren't close. Very interesting! I should have my Husband take it. He pronounces things different; he's from Pennsylvania.
mnivis01
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Detroit, MI
Toledo, OH.

I have lived in MI my whole life, but never those areas. Not surprised though. Those are bigger areas. I live in a very small community. (1, 000 people.),
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Non of the areas have I lived but funny thing my hubby is from those area of Wisconsin.

newwifenmom
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

It knew I was from Atlanta.

bozobean
by Jennifer on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM

They showed me as probably being from Anaheim, Corona, or Riverside California. I grew up in Buena Park, California, which is in Orange County the same as Anaheim, so they were pretty close.

BTW, I love all the purple color in your wedding photo. Purple is one of my favorite colors too. Very pretty. :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN