Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

idk what to do

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

my baby daddy dumped me told me i have to find a place by the 8th i have no job or car right now he said he is keeping the kids they r only 18months and 1 month

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabellelee
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM
3 moms liked this
He can't just put you out. Call your state bar association and ask for a list of free or low cost legal clinics.
Layce8504
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I would leave but my babies would come with me.

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM

He can't do that. Call legal aid and DFACS. Put his butt out! 

mskeeinmd
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He can't just put you out.  Do you have family or friends?  Can you establish custody.  Take him to court.  No court is going to pull your newborns from you.

bluebunnybabe
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
If you have actually lived there for a while, in most places he would have to evict you. Start searching online & making calls of places to go & take the kids with you. If you leave & he has the kids, it would be pretty easy for him to file for custody.
Momofmenagerie
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
In most states, if a man and woman are not married when a child is born, the mother automatically has full custody,

He can't take your children and kick you out . I'd call social services and find a safehouse until you can regroup, find your footing, and recoup from birth, and get legal help .

He can 't really do this . It's talk, and you need to know that. He cannot take you're children without a custody hearing.

Write down everything dates and times he says anything threatening to you or attempts to assault you. If you have any friends / family at all ... Anywhere GO THERE. Get bus tickets... Borrow if you have to, but go.
mommy2bof21213
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

he already did papers for FIP so they will be after me for money soon

erikadi
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I hope you have family or friends you can stay with for awhile. I don't know where you live, but you can take the bus to the library and maybe they have a free job help program. Maybe you can get Section 8 housing until you find something better. Also hopefully you can find a way to get joint custody or visitation.

lunyuny
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I would leave but the Kids are coming with.
dancingthrulife
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

hmm no. you dont just listen to some asshole hun. get your mom or a neighbour involved. go call someone that loves you. is he abusive to you?? sounds like it.. get out that house and get all records of the babies birth, pic or computers and cell that have these pics saved.  your soc number card, and your babies, and clothes for them. for at least three weeks, diapers, wipes, snowsuits and jackets for them as well as hats and mittens if its really winter where you are. maybe even a pack and play. the shelter here doesnt have beds or cribs for babies. a toy that you want them to have later. not piles and piles of stuff hun. this should be but a small pile.  dont think pl will have baby clothing for you or giftcards to help you. and than go stay w your freind mom or somewhere where he wont know where you are. and any close friends or family, need to know you left. but dont tell them where. call 18007997233. dont be scaried. you can do this. good luck hun. seems so small to say.  you have to leave w those kids...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)