Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Tennessee Publicized Adoption??

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
I've been told that you can do a publicized adoption if you don't know where the child's biological father is...does anyone have any information on this?? My fiancé wants to adopt my son after we get married in June. My sons "sperm donor", as I call him, has never seen my son and will never know he is his as far as I'm concerned...he is a worthless waste of space and oxygen. My son calls my ex-husband daddy because he's been there since he was born and even cut the cord but right after we got married he told me he wasn't going to adopt my son because if we ever got a divorce, he didn't want to be stuck paying child support on a child that isn't his. Ever since I told him I wanted a divorce, he has asked to go to court to have visitation rights. I don't think he deserves visitation rights since he refused to adopt him...
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Usually you have to put a notice in the paper of his last known locations for roughly 2 weeks but that might depend on case to case.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM

NO idea but here is a bump.

pamelax3
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

In Texas you have to put an ad in the paper of his last known residence and in the area in which you live

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN