Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Need advice ASAP about a friendship

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:36 AM
  • 13 Replies
My best friend of 17 years spends more time with and talks to my ex-husband more than me...I feel like she has taken his side over mine even though they could never stand each other. She's the one that kept telling me to leave him. He always talked shit about her to me and I've told her that but she said she doesn't care... Should I just drop her and forget about her or what??
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I think I would just confront her and ask her what is going on first.

SpiritFortress
I tried live trapping the cute, mocking rodents. I tried the snap traps to no avail. So I electrocuted them. I feel a little bad...but only a little.
Wednesday at 1:42 PM
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM

If your friend can't be a friend it might be time to let go and move on. I know that can be easier said than done but you'll know if or when the time comes. 

notadramamama
by Tina on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Unless you talk with her you won't know anything.  Have a good talk, step back and decide what is best for you.

KADE1985
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Every time I talk to her about it she gets pissed off, defensive, and manipulates everything to make it my fault...
TRAVELMOM817
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she wanted him and that's why she encouraged you to leave him.
Meg2011425
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I'm thinking this also! Sorry!

Quoting TRAVELMOM817: Maybe she wanted him and that's why she encouraged you to leave him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KADE1985
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM
She's married and he is no where near her type at all...
LML1
by Kristy on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

That's a little shady... I'd talk to her about it. If she was a true friend, she will respect your feelings and stop talking with your ex husband. If she continues to speak with your ex husband. You have your answer... She's not the friend you thought she was.

Tawneekitn
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Talk to her, ask her what is going on.  If she won't answer you, or gives you an answer that doesn't sound logical - I would say - Drop her.  You need friends that will back you - not make you wonder what is going on all the time.

coronado25
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:51 PM
My best girlfriends always liked my husband and he was included sometimes in things the other husbands were not. It was strange. However they supported my decision to leave my husband.

Then the weirdest thing happened. They began leaving me out of everything and my exhusband's girlfriend took my place amongst them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)