Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Help!My husband was just accused of child molestation

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

And it's so not true...for starters he has been raising our kids (blended family) for over 10 years and never so much as a mis-conduct complaint not from family memebers friends...the kids friends NO ONE EVER....He is a lot of things...stubborn a jerk sometimes hard on the kids for chores homework attitude etc...but never never anything in all our time together to even warrant a raised eyebrow...He has a level 1 finger print clearance from the state and a clean backround...all within the last 2 years....And now my daughter - his stepdaughter is accusing him of molesting his grandchild.....and we havent even seen her for over a month!!  First of all I just kno he isn't that monster...Second the child was never alone with him....ever...she just always hangs with me and the other kids...Papa is always busy with other projects we spend time together but always as a family.

Apparently she told her mom Papa did this and was very matter of fact about it all like words and phrases Ive never heard a 3 yr old say....just soooo rehearsed.....Im crushed! what do we do?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbush0584
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Get a lawyer
coronado25
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM
8 moms liked this
Rehearsed? Are you suggesting a three year old is plotting against her grandfather? Are you suggesting that your own daughter is malicious and would use her own child to plot against her mother's husband?

If so, what is the motive.

If not, do not defend your husband. He is a grown man and can look after himself. Hold your tongue and wait for your daughter to make whatever moves she decides.

This is a huge accusation but one that cannot be dismissed or ignored by you already insisting and believing it to be unfounded. You must wait and see how this plays out. And your first priority with such an accusation should be protecting a three year old, be it from a parent using the child as a pawn to falsely accuse an innocent stepfather, or from a stepfather preying upon the child sexually.

charleyangel317
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Get a lawyer and don't hide anything. Make sure that everything is out in the open and when they investigate it they will see that there is nothing going on.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Until all the facts are in, do not take sides with your husband. I'm sorry, he could he completely innocent in all of this, but in the off chance that he isn't, you don't want to loose your daughter and granddaughter.

Why would he accuse him of it? Why would your daughter coach her daughter into saying those things? What would she gain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minnie31mouse
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

i believe it to be rehearsed and coached but not by my daughter at all....but yet by another family member.  although I think something happened it didn't happen with myhusband or at my house as the two have never been alone together....she only comes for a weekend at a time and is usually attached to me or one of the other children in the house...after over 15 yrs of raising my daughter...she can tell first hand he never was inappropriate with her or her friends....as for why is the child saying this?  I do think another family member is coaching her...I dont think even that person has actually touched the child...but a long history of battles and jealousy....so thats why I beleive her to be coached...the words she used the matte rof fact way she said it....none of it is how the child talks ever....its like listening to a robot

Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

wow, sorry to hear you are going through this. I would get a lawyer for sure.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

EireLass
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM

BUMP!

mamabeard3
39 degrees out and I gotta walk the dogs...I wonder if its possible to toilet train a dog...
Today at 2:05 AM
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry but I honestly hope you aren't in denial yourself. Get the truth mama, Before you start defending any one.

Quoting minnie31mouse:

i believe it to be rehearsed and coached but not by my daughter at all....but yet by another family member.  although I think something happened it didn't happen with myhusband or at my house as the two have never been alone together....she only comes for a weekend at a time and is usually attached to me or one of the other children in the house...after over 15 yrs of raising my daughter...she can tell first hand he never was inappropriate with her or her friends....as for why is the child saying this?  I do think another family member is coaching her...I dont think even that person has actually touched the child...but a long history of battles and jealousy....so thats why I beleive her to be coached...the words she used the matte rof fact way she said it....none of it is how the child talks ever....its like listening to a robot

mindful23
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Like others are saying. Dont take sides with your family. Sorry you are going through this. Get professional councelling as well. You have alot to deal with now mama. Hugs
abecee
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Lawyer, don't even let the spin get out of control.  Lawyer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)