Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you allow your elementary aged daughter to sell cookies in front of a pot shop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why?  Why not?

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Replies (171-180):
autodidact
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM

So then you also oppose the pharmaceutical industry?

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

hell no. i do not agree with these pot shops or pot in general drugs should not be allowed for public consumption. disgusts me that places like this are allowed.

autodidact
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

oh, and it helps those with glaucoma

And those with migraines.

And it helps recover the appetites of those with cancer and AIDS.

And children with seizure disorders.

Quoting debramommyof4: It does not! I have never, ever taken and drug and people smoking it near by gives me headaches. But it has pretty much the same effects as alcohol. Oh and it makes you hungry.

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

when they are used by junkies and druggies yes in general no. Pot is bad period it causes your brain to not be able to send, receive and recognize commands which can cause wrecks, kill people ect. that type of shit doesn't need to be legal.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So are you are disgusted by drugstores and prescription medications in general?

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

hell no. i do not agree with these pot shops or pot in general drugs should not be allowed for public consumption. disgusts me that places like this are allowed.

SoCalTx
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Um...mommy2adandykid you are very Mis informed or just plain ignorant! Dr's prescribe MJ to cancer Pts and other Pts that are wasting away from not having an appitiete or are too nasuated to eat because it ramps up their appitiete (munchies). I've seen many cancer Pts put healthy weight back on because of this. Do your research before saying stupid stuff.

Quoting elzingah36: Apparently lol!

Quoting BeanieBlue:

I was going to comment on this too! lol

Medical marijuana is actually MORE potent!! And yes...it DOES give you the "munchies"!

The mamma below (in purple) was obviously misinformed!!

Quoting elzingah36: My mother would disagree. She takes it for her cancer. She loves medical marijuana and wishes she got this stuff back in the day lol! She's always chowing down afterwards. Regardless of it being Photoshopped,it would still be a good idea to sell girl scout cookies at a dispensary.

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

oh ffs you all realize that was most likely photoshopped right?  medical marijuana doesn't have the same affects as 'pot' does(ie: munchies).  such stupidity.  it was a cute picture but i can't believe people took it seriously smh

HiNeedNiki
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. Alcohol has killed many of my family members and my mom is currently on her death bed in extreme suffering solely because of alcohol. Pot has no such ability. I Hate when people compare the two. Pot can help people -- alcohol, when ingested, is point blank a poison.

And anyone who gets offended by my labeling of alcohol as a poison is probably an addict or alcohol abuser defending their drug of choice.

Btw we do have natural thc receptors in our brains. The book "Buzzed" is a great little reference of the effects of many recreational drugs, and marijuana was the only "drug" that (by itself) was overall safe and even useful. The smoke might be an irritant but that's avoidable.

Re driving while stoned -- anyone who gets high to the point of losing motor skills and tries to drive is likely also reckless enough to cause a crash totally sober. Whereas one beer while driving can seriously impact response time etc

Sorry for rant just a hot topic for me considering my mother.

Quoting cakklove:

Do you also mean drugs like Xanax and Adderall?  What about alcohol?  Alcoholics disgust me.  It should not be allowed for public consumption.  Prohibition doesn't work.

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

HiNeedNiki
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:04 AM
The people going in and out of a liquor store can be WAY more dangerous than patrons of Walmart or pot dispensaries!

When I used to drink, there was almost always an advanced alcoholic in there getting their fix. Always scary addicts hanging around outside. Always fights starting because of BOOZE. Who the hell ever even starts a fight while high on pot? Pot makes people more agreeable if anything. I would think patrons of a dispensary would be way more laid back and safe in general, based on my observation of pretty much EVERYONE I KNOW, because they've all smoked at one time or another!

Quoting Sparkly3:

Badly worded, places that sell those things exclusively. Would you go and sell in front of a liqour store with the little ones. Walmart Walgreens etc are alright, because it is more of a family place instead of adult oriented

RenaissanceSoul
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:26 AM

depends on her age

pistolpink
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Yes. I think its a genius idea
msickles
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly; yes.  so long as she isn't going in to the store and there is an Adult present, I dont see the harm in this.  Pot heads (not all are classified this way...just a little humor) are people too and they do love their snacks.   

mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

I sure would!

pinkcoffeecup
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM

No.  But then again if I had a dd.  She wouldn't be in Girl Scouts and selling cookies.  That is for personal and religous reasons.  But that is a discussion for another time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)