Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you allow your elementary aged daughter to sell cookies in front of a pot shop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why?  Why not?

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Replies (191-200):
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Yes
sha_lyn68
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM

You do realize that  a medicinal marijuana facility dispenses marijuana to children with prescriptions too don't you? We aren't taking about a head shop.

Quoting Sparkly3:

The point is these are places for Adults, not minors. Yes they sell small ammounts of Alcohol and Tobacco products in Walmart, Grocery stores etc, but it is not all they are selling. They are family friendly.

Quoting akunkle19:

Did you forget liquor stores sell alcohol illegally? Lol

Quoting yayay15: But it's in every restaurant and every store. It is no different. Lol.
Quoting angelachristine:

That is not the same thing at all. Though where I live all the grocery stores are allowed to sell is beer and wine. I don't have a problem with pot or alcohol in moderation in places where it's legal but I don't want my kids around it.

Quoting yayay15: Every grocery store has liquor in it and the Girl Scouts stand outside of those....

Quoting angelachristine:

No. I don't really have a problem with pot and think it should be legal but I wouldn't want my kids to be outside a liquor store either.

sha_lyn68
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Oh no's....You might have to explain to children that sometimes people are sick and need medicine......How horrible.

No, not same people different place... SMDH

Quoting Sparkly3:

A pot Store is an adult place, not very kid friendly. You would let your little one sell in front of it answer all the questions the whole troop will get from being there? Would you sell in front of an adult toy store too? same people different place! Some things children just don't need to be around.

Quoting HiNeedNiki: The people going in and out of a liquor store can be WAY more dangerous than patrons of Walmart or pot dispensaries!

When I used to drink, there was almost always an advanced alcoholic in there getting their fix. Always scary addicts hanging around outside. Always fights starting because of BOOZE. Who the hell ever even starts a fight while high on pot? Pot makes people more agreeable if anything. I would think patrons of a dispensary would be way more laid back and safe in general, based on my observation of pretty much EVERYONE I KNOW, because they've all smoked at one time or another!

Quoting Sparkly3:

Badly worded, places that sell those things exclusively. Would you go and sell in front of a liqour store with the little ones. Walmart Walgreens etc are alright, because it is more of a family place instead of adult oriented

SueMNanaMama
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Crackheads wouldn't buy cookies anyway.  Sure, the whole troop should be there marketing their cookies!

.ButterflyMama
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I do agree with this

Quoting AJsMom81507:

yes, if you are referring to the girl in Cali, its called marketing to the right crowd, and she did GREAT!!!!!!!

would you sell girl scout cookies in front of Weight Watchers?  highly doubt it, because you wont get a lot of sales

xxshelbyxxx
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Fuck yeah I would are you kidding me? Do you realize that girl would probably win a contest for the most sales?
BestestMom11
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I am sure that there are a lot of people that claim to be Christian, but who in action are not. Jesus himself acknowledged that there would be (Matthew 7:22) at this period in time.

I can't answer for others, only myself and my family....

Quoting OHIOmommy330:

I get it. Most Christians prefer meth, coke, crack , pills, small chlidren and liquor.  They're much too godly for the lows of weed. LMAO!!!

You do realize that there are THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of your precious fellow CHRISTIANS that smoke weed on daily basis.

Quoting BestestMom11: Not acceptable for Christians.
Quoting aehutmacher:
Quoting BestestMom11: No. For several reasons, the first being morally it's wrong to consume/smoke, and I'd rather her not be around it. Secondly, she's not ready to learn about what it is, or the effects of it.
What's morally wrong about consuming pot?

BestestMom11
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
There are other acceptable avenues to consider.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

BS.... If you had a child dying of cancer would you deny him/her medical marijuana for nausea associated with chemo because it is not acceptable?

Quoting aehutmacher:
Quoting BestestMom11: No.

For several reasons, the first being morally it's wrong to consume/smoke, and I'd rather her not be around it. Secondly, she's not ready to learn about what it is, or the effects of it.

jackiexcore
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Actually... medical marijuana DOES have the same side effects. Trust me, having a cannabis card does NOT keep the munchies away!!! (Lol)

And YES, i would absolute let my child sell cookies outside of the dispensary - genius idea! Lol

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

oh ffs you all realize that was most likely photoshopped right?  medical marijuana doesn't have the same affects as 'pot' does(ie: munchies).  such stupidity.  it was a cute picture but i can't believe people took it seriously smh

BestestMom11
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:15 PM
That is what is so great about how we were created....with free will.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, without the need to justify them to another human.

Quoting Murffsmom:

Really... Seriously..... Oh Lord help me!!!! Quote me some scripture...tell me where it says in the bible not to smoke pot...if you have a medical condition....please....some of you...sheesh..y'all are killing me!!! 

Quoting aehutmacher:
Quoting BestestMom11: No.

For several reasons, the first being morally it's wrong to consume/smoke, and I'd rather her not be around it. Secondly, she's not ready to learn about what it is, or the effects of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)