Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you allow your elementary aged daughter to sell cookies in front of a pot shop?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why?  Why not?

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Replies (201-210):
Sparkly3
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM

And the parents are getting those for them. If they sold pot at a Walgreen's I'd still have or support a cookie sale in front of it. I will not support or have a cookie sale in front of a pot shop. Please notice that i put it in the same category as a smoke/alcohol/sex stores. Made for adults, for adult products. I have not said anything against medical marijuana. And yes the same people that go to a Walmart go to a pot shop/sex/alcohol etc, you see where I am going with this. I am not saying people that buy there are bad, just that it is not appropriate for children to sell there.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

You do realize that  a medicinal marijuana facility dispenses marijuana to children with prescriptions too don't you? We aren't taking about a head shop.

Quoting Sparkly3:

The point is these are places for Adults, not minors. Yes they sell small ammounts of Alcohol and Tobacco products in Walmart, Grocery stores etc, but it is not all they are selling. They are family friendly.

Quoting akunkle19:

Did you forget liquor stores sell alcohol illegally? Lol

Quoting yayay15: But it's in every restaurant and every store. It is no different. Lol.
Quoting angelachristine:

That is not the same thing at all. Though where I live all the grocery stores are allowed to sell is beer and wine. I don't have a problem with pot or alcohol in moderation in places where it's legal but I don't want my kids around it.

Quoting yayay15: Every grocery store has liquor in it and the Girl Scouts stand outside of those....
Quoting angelachristine:

No. I don't really have a problem with pot and think it should be legal but I wouldn't want my kids to be outside a liquor store either.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Yes in a heartbeat. 

It is anideal situation to teach marketing and the most important selling point in business: Location, Location, Location.

lil_momma1411
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM
As long as I'm with her sure I'm sure she would make good money it's not like she's smoking it she's just makeing money
aehutmacher
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Bt adults are the ones with the money, and stoners are the ones with the munchies. You would never be able to move that many cookies in front of a chuck-e-cheese, even if everyone coming out wanted some because kids don't have the cash to make purchasing decisions.

What I'm trying to imply is that people who are purchasing pot are a lot more likely to have disposable incomes (and want to spend that income on cookies) than people going to walmart or other "kid-friendly" places.

Quoting Sparkly3:

The point is these are places for Adults, not minors. Yes they sell small ammounts of Alcohol and Tobacco products in Walmart, Grocery stores etc, but it is not all they are selling. They are family friendly.

Quoting akunkle19:

Quoting yayay15: But it's in every restaurant and every store. It is no different. Lol.
Quoting angelachristine:

That is not the same thing at all. Though where I live all the grocery stores are allowed to sell is beer and wine. I don't have a problem with pot or alcohol in moderation in places where it's legal but I don't want my kids around it.

Quoting yayay15: Every grocery store has liquor in it and the Girl Scouts stand outside of those....
Quoting angelachristine:

No. I don't really have a problem with pot and think it should be legal but I wouldn't want my kids to be outside a liquor store either.

aehutmacher
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Quoting anotherandree: I don't know yet. I just got approved on Friday and haven't received my card yet.

Quoting miisha: How is it for your migraines? I have been considering it.

Quoting anotherandree: You betcha! It's a dispensary so (normally) the only people allowed in are card holders and to get a card you (again, generally) have to have a chronic illness like cancer or, in my case, daily migraines.

You got your card and still haven't used it? I thought you could just bring in a receipt while you were waiting for your actual card.
anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk. Still very new to this.

Quoting aehutmacher:
Quoting anotherandree: I don't know yet. I just got approved on Friday and haven't received my card yet.

Quoting anotherandree: You betcha! It's a dispensary so (normally) the only people allowed in are card holders and to get a card you (again, generally) have to have a chronic illness like cancer or, in my case, daily migraines.

You got your card and still haven't used it? I thought you could just bring in a receipt while you were waiting for your actual card.
aehutmacher
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, man, your world is about to get a hell of a lot better ;-)

I use it for chronic headaches but those are a caused because of sleeping problems. Pot helps me fall asleep/stay asleep throughout the night and, as soon as I was able to sleep through the night (for the first time since having kids) I noticed an immediate difference in my headaches, my attitude and my overall disposition. And I don't have to worry about killing my liver in the process (by avoiding aspirin)
Quoting anotherandree: Idk. Still very new to this.

Quoting aehutmacher:

Sparkly3
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Setting an example for the kids and saying it's not ok to take drugs of any kind, unless your doctor tells you you need to, is more importent then selling a few more boxes.  People buying pot are using that disposable income to buy Pot, not necesarily for Cookies that range 4$ a box on national average.

Quoting aehutmacher: Bt adults are the ones with the money, and stoners are the ones with the munchies. You would never be able to move that many cookies in front of a chuck-e-cheese, even if everyone coming out wanted some because kids don't have the cash to make purchasing decisions. What I'm trying to imply is that people who are purchasing pot are a lot more likely to have disposable incomes (and want to spend that income on cookies) than people going to walmart or other "kid-friendly" places.
Quoting Sparkly3:

Quoting akunkle19:

Quoting angelachristine:

Quoting angelachristine:

aehutmacher
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM
You've apparently never consumed pot, then. Those people are DEFINITELY going to want cookies.

Also, IMO, using pot is way safer than many drugs doctors prescribe. I recently stated taking something to help me sleep (nortryptalin) then three weeks later found out I was pregnant only to experience a miscarriage three days later. When I asked the doctor, he said that the prescription I was on likely made it impossible for the fetus to grow.

I trusted my doc to prescribe something safe for me to take to stop these headaches and this (along with many many other drugs he could have offered) had side effects that pot simply does not. Even though I am not planning on having another child, I want to know that if it does happen, the fetus will not be in jeopardy just because of a doctor-prescribed medication that can cause known birth defects.

Now. I smoke before bed because I can fall asleep naturally without risking my, or anyone else's long-term health. Plus, I'm actually able to wake up if one of my girls wets the bed or something.

Yes, I want my kids to know thy can trust their doctors, but I also know that doctors don't always prescribe the safest things. Given the fact that pot has been used for centuries by billions of people while most prescription drugs are only on the market after as little as a year in testing, I would gladly stick with a proven winner. I am not opposed to teaching my children this, either.

Just because so many people keep shaking their fists at marijuana users deeming them "bad" or "a bad influence" doesn't mean that these people are right. I can come up with my own conclusions about which meds to take and I want my kids to know the same thing. If they want to start using crack, I encourage them to research it thoroughly first and make an educated decision based on factual information, not based on what someone else thinks. (I do not want my kids to use crack, and research will prove that it is bad - if they research pot, they will not find the same dangerous consequences).

I strive to teach my children to make good decisions. I do NOT insist that that do something just because I, or someone else, says they should. I am raising free thinkers.

Quoting Sparkly3:

Setting an example for the kids and saying it's not ok to take drugs of any kind, unless your doctor tells you you need to, is more importent then selling a few more boxes.  People buying pot are using that disposable income to buy Pot, not necesarily for Cookies that range 4$ a box on national average.

Quoting aehutmacher: Bt adults are the ones with the money, and stoners are the ones with the munchies. You would never be able to move that many cookies in front of a chuck-e-cheese, even if everyone coming out wanted some because kids don't have the cash to make purchasing decisions. What I'm trying to imply is that people who are purchasing pot are a lot more likely to have disposable incomes (and want to spend that income on cookies) than people going to walmart or other "kid-friendly" places.
Quoting Sparkly3:

Quoting akunkle19:

Quoting angelachristine:

Quoting angelachristine:

Sparkly3
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I did smoke pot, that's besides the point.I didn't have money for either the pot nor the munchies. I was not attacking the POT smoker! I simply put a pot Store in the same categorie as a Liquor store a Tobacco store and an Adult toy store. Do you want your daughter to sell in front of those?

Pot has medicinal qualities, not deniying that! I still think it sends a wrong message to young girls to stand in front of a pot shop. It shows them it's nothing bad and you can take it for fun.Same as with the Liquor/Tobacco store.

I don't want to send that kind of message. If it is medicly neccesary then it is and you have a perscription for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)