Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Brownies!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hubby went shopping today and he got gluten free brownie mix. I found out in December that I can't have gluten. I haven't started my baking experiments yet to find good recipes. I hope they're good.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lil_momma1411
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck hope they turn out great!!
.ButterflyMama
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck,I hope the Brownies turn out well

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope they're yummy! I loooove brownies :)
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Thanks. They were pretty good, a little dry though.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Red Mill has quite a large selection of mixes. Their brownie mix is pretty yummy. Can't tell the difference. 

With regard to pasta, use the brown rice pasta, again can't tell the difference. It holds up better than corn pasta and tastes better when you reheat it.

The only food that isn't so good is bread and pancake mix. They're very dry and dense. Although I haven't played with the pancake mix to try and doctor it up. However UDI's raisin bread (comes frozen) is very, very yummy. Can't tell. I have no idea what they do, but it's good. 

We went as GF as possible (for my 17yo) his symptoms were more intolerance than allergic.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks' I will look into that.

I've been making banana pancakes for myself. It's 1 large banana and 2 eggs. Mix it up, cook it and they are really good. My friend said she's been putting peanut butter on them.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Red Mill has quite a large selection of mixes. Their brownie mix is pretty yummy. Can't tell the difference. 

With regard to pasta, use the brown rice pasta, again can't tell the difference. It holds up better than corn pasta and tastes better when you reheat it.

The only food that isn't so good is bread and pancake mix. They're very dry and dense. Although I haven't played with the pancake mix to try and doctor it up. However UDI's raisin bread (comes frozen) is very, very yummy. Can't tell. I have no idea what they do, but it's good. 

We went as GF as possible (for my 17yo) his symptoms were more intolerance than allergic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)