Chocolate Chip Butter Cake Recipe Will Have the Whole Family Drooling
While chocolate chip cookies are good when they are slightly over-baked, with crispy edges and chewy centers, the only thing that rivals this, is when they are ooey, gooey, and under-cooked ever-so-slightly. Falls-apart-in-your-hands, under-cooked. Not, you-will-probably-die-from-salmonella, under-cooked -- just so we're clear.
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Butter Cake is great because it's supposed to be a chewy, messy, oozing delight. It's all the fun of licking the bowl spoon of the mixing bowl with less of the aforementioned risk of death or serious illness. This recipe is good enough to whip out for the family as wintry, spur of the minute dessert treat. Heck, it's good enough for you to lock yourself away in the bathroom with it and be all, "screw my family" and then eat the whole thing yourself.
More from The Stir: Sinful Crockpot Brownies Will Rock Your World
Chocolate Chip Butter Cake Recipe Adapted From Cocinando Con Alena
- 1 box butter-recipe cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 16 oz. box powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, egg, and butter.
- Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla.
- Dump powdered sugar and beat.
- Slowly pour in melted butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
What's your favorite chocolatey dessert?