Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Abortion.. How come people who are pro-choice.. have such a problem with the facts? ~sfag

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 216 Replies
4 moms liked this

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
34 moms liked this

I saw this in another group and on my facebook.

I'm pro-choice and i don't agree with this pic for a few reasons. One, it's not accurate. The vast magority of abortions are very early and look nothing like this. This is just for shock value. And two, children should not be exposed to awful pictures like this.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is because it is such a controversial subject.  I think also some people, not all, are on the fence of both pro choice and pro life.  I don't think it is either or for a lot of people. I think many have mixed feelings on the whole subject. That's my guess.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree, there is no need for shock value, regardless of where one stands. It is just made to upset or wave the red flag in front of the bull type concept.

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm pro-choice and i don't agree with this pic for a few reasons. One, it's not accurate. The vast magority of abortions are very early and look nothing like this. This is just for shock value. And two, children should not be exposed to awful pictures like this.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree with you here. The thing is, no one really knows where they stand until they're in that situation. Someone may be pro-choice (abortion is perfectly fine, "I would have one if I got pregnant" then be faced with an unexpected pregnancy and just can't do it) Or completely pro-life until their 15 year daughter comes home pregnant.

Quoting Thelmama:

I think it is because it is such a controversial subject.  I think also some people, not all, are on the fence of both pro choice and pro life.  I don't think it is either or for a lot of people. I think many have mixed feelings on the whole subject. That's my guess.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

That's all it does.

Quoting Thelmama:

I agree, there is no need for shock value, regardless of where one stands. It is just made to upset or wave the red flag in front of the bull type concept.

Quoting paganbaby:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM
5 moms liked this

I have had people I know post such stuff. I hide it. How do they know my child isn't standing there when I pull up facebook?  If they care about children so much, why post it in a place innocent children might see it?  I in fact blocked some people for doing such and other such stuff. One guy even called me out on a post I put on my teenage son's wall. It was about the inspirational speaket that has no legs and how he doesn't let anything stop him. This guy got on there and started lamblasting him and Oprah because he was on Oprah and how wrong I was to post it since she is "new age".  He put all sorts of stuff on the post.  I private messaged him and he refused to see the purpose of the post and only wanted to post his agenda.  I blocked him, he even put links on it that were NOT appropriate.  He did the same with abortion stuff. I think people should have their opinion. However, I think giving your opinion comes with responsibility.  

Quoting paganbaby:

That's all it does.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting paganbaby:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I love you, and have missed you A LOT! (I haven't been on CM a lot these past few months)

You and I have such similar views on many things, this being one of them.  You took the words right out of my fingers with your first reply.

*hugs* and <3

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly! My kids are always around me when I'm on the computer. And what is up with that guy?? Glad you blocked him. I know I would have.

Quoting Thelmama:

I have had people I know post such stuff. I hide it. How do they know my child isn't standing there when I pull up facebook?  If they care about children so much, why post it in a place innocent children might see it?  I in fact blocked some people for doing such and other such stuff. One guy even called me out on a post I put on my teenage son's wall. It was about the inspirational speaket that has no legs and how he doesn't let anything stop him. This guy got on there and started lamblasting him and Oprah because he was on Oprah and how wrong I was to post it since she is "new age".  He put all sorts of stuff on the post.  I private messaged him and he refused to see the purpose of the post and only wanted to post his agenda.  I blocked him, he even put links on it that were NOT appropriate.  He did the same with abortion stuff. I think people should have their opinion. However, I think giving your opinion comes with responsibility.  

Quoting paganbaby:

That's all it does.

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting paganbaby:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I Love and missed you too! giving heartI'm super excited to be back :-)

What's new? Why did you take a break?

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I love you, and have missed you A LOT! (I haven't been on CM a lot these past few months)

You and I have such similar views on many things, this being one of them.  You took the words right out of my fingers with your first reply.

*hugs* and <3

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I too am just back from a break.  Just been back a month, maybe a month and a half but just really started posting more.  I had computer issues, we moved into a new home on Feb 21st.  So yeah, it has been nuts lately. Lol, apparently we didn't miss too much, CM is still just the same with wild stuff and craziness. LOL LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)