Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Here is some sage advice when you plan on renting... scum bag landlord

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 9 Replies

It seems that our landlord has not paid his mortgage in four years, how did he manage that you may ask and not get foreclose on. He would pay 4 months of the mortgage and then stop paying. We have lived in this apartment for three of those four years. Recently I had pleasure of being serve by the sheriff department with paper work stating that the landlord is being  foreclose on.

When my husband ask the landlord what happen to the money we give him for rent. The landlord had balls to say " Well i did not spend it on the mortgage, if you are scared of the foreclose, then move" My husband and I realize we have given this landlord over 50k over three years and he has been spending the money we gave him to take his entitled asshole kids on cruise to st marteen, st kitts and Mexico ( he is taking his kids on a cruise right now too. his kids are 20 and 24

We are not scared,we are pissed.. so we are buying a townhouse in April. The landlord is also a Realtor in our town, after we move and get settle I am going look into seeing what can be done to get his broker licence revoke or even if that is possible .. most likely he did not our deposit money in escrow and In all honestly i do not even care deposit.

My advice when looking to rent, ask for COPY of Landlord mortgage records and check out his standing with the bank.  and he has not paid the trash bill and currently on a cruise in Caribbean. So there will two week with trash waiting at the curb.

I am just needing to ventangry

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Oh my gosh that's terrible! I'm so sorry :(
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I'm sorry.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hugs, that stinks. We did not have the best of landlords when we rented but not this bad.  We just moved into our own home with out own mortgage on Feb 21st. It is AWESOME.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Wow, he sounds like a real jerk!  I'm sorry that he's affecting your life so much but happy for you that you're buying a new home of your own.  :)

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM

That sucks. Did you pay by check so that there is proof you paid.

LeKendria
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM
The same thin happened to my uncle. He ended up with a bigger house.
Cassie2115
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Our landlords are awesome. They worked with us when we wanted to move to another town since they had houses in a few towns in the area. Very reasonable rent. We have no issues.

That being said I've heard done pretty bad stories too.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM

That happened to my sister.  Sorry this happened to you. 

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

That stinks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)