Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

When you run into an x-boyfriend

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 31 Replies

what do you think about?  Do you flash back to that relationship and think whether it was a good thing you moved on?   Do you wonder what he thinks about you? Does he remember you, and what you were to each other?  

I had moved away and not seen x-boyfriends for 30 yrs. DH and I moved back to be near family when we retired. It was a shock seeing friends and how much people had changed. I run into an X whom I though was the one. It was a hard breakup and I never really got to hear why he did it.  He was friendly but I noticed he was rather reserved around me. Kept his eyes down and wouldn't look me in the eye. That bothered me because I look people in the eye and expect the same in return. It made me feel as if he was hiding things from me. Other old flames were glad to talk and share old times.  

Makes me wonder if it's me, or do other women still have a little kick of memories, when seeing an old boyfriend. 

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I never have. There's just the one and he's from out of town, he was here for college.
smurfy88
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I don't think twice about them or acknowledge them except my ex husband because we have a DD together
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I don't think I have ever run into one. The chances of it or slim to none since I live in a different state and have for years, lol. I have no idea what I would think. LOL

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I think that's pretty normal, depending on how often you see the former flame.

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I have literally in 22 years of marriage, NEVER run into an ex. 

Even when a friend of my boys, worked for the same company an ex worked for. Acutally, my ex was his boss! 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I have never ran into an old boyfriend. 

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I think nothing of them, I don't actually even speak to them unless thrust into a situation where I have to " professionally".

The only Ex i deal with is my son's father and no one in THIS house thinks about him in the least at the moment.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:12 PM

I'm still good friends with two old highschool'ish boyfriends.

I've never run into any others, unless you count my ex-husband...the thoughts that run through my head when I see him are along the lines of...eeeeesh! LOL

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM

My only ex is ds's dad and  see almost daily

o0gone0o
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

There is one that I still think about 10yrs later, I treated him like shit because I was too afraid to let him get too close. He like me for me, not just trying to get down my pants scared the crap out  of me then. I had very lil self esteem couldn't imagine how someone could like me for who I really was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)