Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What do you think of...?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 36 Replies

Doomsday Preppers?

I have to say I haven't really watched any of them full length, or followed the series. Because in all honesty, the thought to me is pretty scary. Having to go to those sort of extremes to...survive. 

Also, I don't think I'd put myself on TV, because if I was really prepping, I wouldn't want the govt to know...

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM
3 moms liked this

There are special places for people like that.....I hear there is rubber on the walls for their protection.

LOL

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I think they're crazy
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Oh for sure, they're 1 beerr short of a full six pack. 

I wonder, how in the world are they able to afford shipping containers? They can't be cheap. And to bury them in the ground and retro fit them with air ducts and vent systems. Cooky.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

There are special places for people like that.....I hear there is rubber on the walls for their protection.

LOL

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I haven seen it.
bluestreak35
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

No, but I think it's important for households to have supplies for bad storms or something like that and a fire safety plan.

As for planning for the end of the world? I'll just go to the preppers house if something that bad happens.

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:59 PM

okay!

mamamiajk
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I've caught these shows before and I must say they can give you a few tips if you're a beginner! lol I DO believe the end is coming but until I could even afford or think of doing things to their extreme I will rely on my 5 dogs and our well supplied guns.

alc4evermom
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM
If you fear that your government may find out that you are taking actions to survive a disaster, you are doomed.
kirbymom
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM
There is A truth to this But, not quite like it's being portrayed...I don't think.
-jmho
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I agree, I'm not an extremist in any way so something like this is just weird to me.  

As for putting myself on TV?  No thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)