Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Weight

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello ladies since having my baby 17 months ago I have gained a lot of weight and am really insecure!! It I was to eat 800cals a day and do 10 min cardio, 50 squats, 2 minutes jogging on the spot,1 minute jumping jacks, 100 crunches and 2 minute plank every day would I loose weight ? Any tips ladies
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

800 calories seems too low...

I've lost by cutting out sugar, breads, flour, only 4oz. of meat and things like that, eating 5 times a day, eating slow and drinking LOTS of water

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Eating only 800 calories will make your body think it is starving.  You need to go to myfitnesspal.com and let it calculate the calories you need each day.  You gotta be careful about making sure you body doesn't think it is starving.  I am trying to lose weight too. But haven't done good as of late.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

that would be unhealthy. 800 calories is not enough. you need to eat enough to fuel your body. You need to eat healthy and have plenty of water. you can calculate your bmr to determine how many calories you should eat. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I second the other ladies and say 800 calories is too few. Your body will go into starvation mode to save every calorie and it can actually make you gain weight. Try to focus on healthy eating. Drinking only water and cutting out fast food is a great way to start.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

800 is too low..you'll crash your metabolism and when you resume eating normal calories you'll gain. 

I've lost weight eating Paleo. Good proteins, veggies, fruits, no carbs, no dairy. I actually feel great.

mysticalmalissa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Do NONE of that...well, maybe a bit of exercise.

Start drinking ice water. The ice cold water will lower your body temp. You body will then burn off calories as it is heating itself back up.

I lost 120 pounds in just over a year by doing nothing more than drinking my ice water. The only thing I changed in my diet was the amount of food I ate. I was full from the water so I didnt eat as much.

LML1
by Kristy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM

i've been replacing jello with snacks lately and i cut down on my soda consumption

MamaJwlz
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Eat clean! That's how Im doing it. HUGE difference in my energy levels and EVERYthing!

And remember - you didnt put all the weight on overnight, its not going to all come off overnight either! Be patient, it takes time. Be consistent. Keep a diary (there are phone apps and everything to help you now) I keep a journal in one of my groups...the women are awesome and very encouraging and it's a good way to hold yourself accountabe!... And dont just measure poinds, measure inches, too....sometimes inches go away even when pounds arent!....DON'T GET ON HE SCALE EVERYDAY! Once a week, if you must! PM if you have anymore questions!

Good luck, mama!

* Be kind whenever it is possible. It is -always- possible. *
Mummy_2_b
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Thank you ladies. Very helpful. Filled my fridge with fruit,veg,fish, and bottles water x
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM

As the others have said portion control and exercise are the key to losing weight

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)