Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you have more than one child, do you have a favorite?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Amy
  • 22 Replies

My kids probably think I favor another one over each of them, but I really don't have a favorite.  I think each one of them is my favorite for different reasons.  My daughter is my only girl and is my favorite to take shopping and listen to music with (we have very similar tastes).  My youngest son is my favorite to hang out with and go to the movies with.  My older son is my favorite because I can talk to him adult to adult (he's 25) and because he's so helpful with the younger kids.

So, do you have a favorite child?  Which one?  Why?

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

no favorites here

kevins00
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a favorite sometimes.  It changes all the time though.  Sometimes one is more needy than the others and I do my motherly duty but they get on my nerves a bit.  I should add that I have 5 kids and they are all pretty much grown.  As babies they were all my favorites!

Patti-Gee
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have my favorite oldest and youngest.  Both mean the same to me and both are loved by me.  

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM
No, there is no way to have a favorite when their personalities were not made for comparison.
That being said , I do tease them like we do the cats. If one knocks over a stack of books, I announce " the favoritism order of the day of cats" depending on their transgressions.

I do the same with the kiddos .

" Hey! Son one! You're the favorite today!"

" excellent! What he do?"

Same, backwards " Son 2, you're the favorite ! You 're big bro just had a hissy and slammed his door!"

They know I 'm totally joking, but it actually lowers that feeling of favoritism because my reasoning is so stupid. They both get to giggling when I announce it and whatever the
" drama "was , the tension leaves pdq.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I have a favorite because I only have one :) I've heard from other moms that the first child always has a special place in the parents' hearts. It's hard to imagine loving another kid as much as I love the one I have, but I know hearts grow with love for each child.
143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I don't have a favorite. It's their differences that (for me) make it impossible for me to have a favorite. 

When they were in middle/high school, I'd get that "you love him more" or "he's your favorite" alot. I finally pointed out 2 strong differences with each son and said, "I can hound you for this or discipline you for that" Each son said no, and pretty much that's when it stopped.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I only have one so it's not a problem.

My brother was always my mom's favorite. She denies it, but even other family members have said it.

Alwaysbeyou
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I don't have a favorite but I do say your my favorite turd when they start in on favorites
bluebunnybabe
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM
All of mine have different reasons they are my favorite. They all swear they are the favorite one minute & then swear another is the favorite another. The youngest is 25. Lol
Raeann11
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)