Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

*Updated with Winner* - Ask the Expert: Feeding Solutions for Baby

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 75 Replies

Thank you all for your wonderful questions!  Check back soon for Dr. Meg's answers.

And while we wait, please join me in congratulating Aneela on winning the Walmart gift card!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From what kind of feeding supplies to buy before baby's arrival to which solids to start with (and when) - plus so much more - a lot of thought goes into nourishing your little one.  Our expert is here to help!

Pediatrician, mother and best-selling author of six books, Dr. Meg Meeker is a leading authority on parenting and children’s health. Dr. Meg will be joining us to answer YOUR questions about how to feed baby.

Ask Dr. Meg your questions before 3/26/14, and you'll be entered to win a $25 Walmart gift card!  One lucky mom will be chosen at random!

Thank you for joining us, Dr. Meg!

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask the Expert giveaway starts 3/19/14 at 9 am (ET) and ends 3/26/14 at 9 am (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 Walmart gift card.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/10/14.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sukainah
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM

My "babies" are all grown up, but it will be interesting to read about the answers so I can share it with friends with babies or who are expecting. :-)

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sukainah:

My "babies" are all grown up, but it will be interesting to read about the answers so I can share it with friends with babies or who are expecting. :-)

I agree

sanj1213
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I would have had a ton of questions when my baby was a newborn. I'll check in to read some of the questions & answers so I can share with others. 

elasmimi
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

My babies are grown up too, but there will be more grandbabies, I'm sure. Why does there seem to be such an increase in the number of babies with swallowing difficulties? I know several who are having to use thickeners. Is it really an increase, or are we just able to identify it better? Also GERD in babies?

aneela
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM

if the mom or dad have certain food allergies does that mean we should avoid feeding those to baby when they can have solids?

aneela
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM

what types of baby cereals are best to start them on and at what age?

Apr1l
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
What are your thoughts on babies 6 mons breastfeeding needing to add formula to diet bc of lack of nutrient deficient breast milk?
Bob192
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM

What is the best formula for a gassy baby?

Bob192
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM

What is the best type of bottle to use?

Bob192
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Do you believe in putting babies on a feeding schedule?  If so at what age?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN