Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Cell phone plans

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

Cell phone plans have changed a lot. We've been on the same plan since we switched companies a few years ago. I just called to get pricing because my husbands phone is dieing and he is considering getting a smart phone now. Anyway plans have changed so much I was able to signifactly lower our monthly bill and have all the same features as we have now. It might be worth giving your service provider a call just to see.

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happynewyorker
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I use verizon and pay $101 for one person.  I got my Galaxy 4 from costco's with the 2 year verizon plan for $129.99.  Costco's has the galaxy 4 for 49.99 with a 2 year verizon plan.

My daughter's phone is a virgin and I pay $35. a month for 300 anytime minutes, unlimited messaging and data. the phone carrier is sprint. Which owns Virgin mobile

they have something on their website to take 25% off on a smart phone.

I can't wait for my 2 years to expire with verizon so I can do the virgin plan.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM
We don't have a contract now, he said if we added one it would end up going up. They are trying to get away from having contracts.

Quoting happynewyorker:

I use verizon and pay $101 for one person.  I got my Galaxy 4 from costco's with the 2 year verizon plan for $129.99.  Costco's has the galaxy 4 for 49.99 with a 2 year verizon plan.

My daughter's phone is a virgin and I pay $35. a month for 300 anytime minutes, unlimited messaging and data. the phone carrier is sprint. Which owns Virgin mobile

happynewyorker
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Virgin is prepaid and has no contracts. If you're interested in it?

Quoting Noni2319: We don't have a contract now, he said if we added one it would end up going up. They are trying to get away from having contracts.
Quoting happynewyorker:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I'm happy with our service. Thanks though.

Quoting happynewyorker:

Virgin is prepaid and has no contracts. If you're interested in it?

Quoting Noni2319: We don't have a contract now, he said if we added one it would end up going up. They are trying to get away from having contracts.
Quoting happynewyorker:

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I'm looking to leave verizon..I pay $240 month. We have 4 smart phones and I have a 5th line because only 1 phone has insurance..(which I think is a scam). We're contemplating going to Sprint, they have a $160 plan for 4 phones..we'll see. Can't do anything till October, so dh and I just decided to wait until black Friday! LOL

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM

It's great you were able to get a lower price

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I can't get mine any lower. I pay $325 a month for 4 smartphone lines. When I lose my unlimited data on two of the lines I will most likely go to prepaid.

With in the next few years all calls will be over data on Verizon and I dread that. I tend to talk more than I text. :/

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have t-mobile and pay just under $50.  My dd's phone is $45.  Thinking of changing hers with less talk time, because she barely uses it to talk just text and internet.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Yikes! That sounds awful. You might want to check AT&T.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I can't get mine any lower. I pay $325 a month for 4 smartphone lines. When I lose my unlimited data on two of the lines I will most likely go to prepaid.

With in the next few years all calls will be over data on Verizon and I dread that. I tend to talk more than I text. :/

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:34 AM
I need to find something relatively cheap for us. Right now I'm on my mom's Family Plan through Verizon. I want to get our own. but the prices are crazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)