Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I dread grocery shopping

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Jeez it's crazy that a box of cereal is $4 now. I coupon and try to shop at different stores for deals... $100 later I barely have a week's worth of groceries.

Do you coupon? Where do you go grocery shopping?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I fell your pain. I dread going to the store every week. I have a tight budget, picky kids and want everything to be healthy. It doesn't happen :-(

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:30 PM
beef is skyhigh now. Im starting to run out of chicken ideas that the boys will eat.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I'm right there with you. I use coupons and shop sales in order to stretch my budget. I stock up when something is on sale for a really good price

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Ugh, food is so expensive. I usually shop at Kroger, but I occasionally (about once a month) shop at a health food store and spend about twice as much on half the food :/
momof4kids257
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

aldi's

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I coupon big time.  I saved $34 yesterday lol.  nothing like that show though.  I shop at krogers and they have great deals with their gas savings.  I am able to get gas sometimes for $2.85.  Our prices are close to $4 here.  Krogers sends coupons to me and I load coupons onto my store card too. 

iamcafemom83
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I hardly ever buy cereal anymore. Bacon and eggs for breakfast is almost cheaper!
I am starting with weekly dinner menus again. It did make this shopping trip today easier. I have been in a total food rut!

I prefer shopoing at super target. Between coupons, cartwheel, mobile coupons, and my red debit card, I pay much less than publix.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I KNOW!  It's crazy!

Last night I stopped for milk, clorox wipes, toilet bowl cleaner and a few other things.  Walked out with 3 bags of groceries and spent over $100!  It's insane!

ETA - And, this was AFTER coupons!

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM

It's outrageous. Dh goes grocery shopping, he does better than I do. The bulk of our shopping is at Hannaford. Then we cherry picks at Shaw's and Market Basket, depending upon what's on sale. 

Coupons these days are hard to come by. If we find one for something we use, it's usually buy 2 or 3, and sometimes we don't need to buy more than 1. No grocery store around here doubles coupons anymore. 

Dh will sometimes buy meat/steak on his way home after work. Hannaford reduces some of them and he'll pick up steaks that are reduced anywhere from $3-$4.50! We're cooking them either that night or the next night.

momof2girls220
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I only buy food thats in the circular unless i need something that isn't in it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN