Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Is there really another side ?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:25 AM
  • 8 Replies
If you're ex is in jail for beating the holy hell out of a woman ( while drunk) and she had four broken bones.

Why does he write me saying I should hear " my side of the story"?

IS there another side? Even if she slapped him.... Does that justify the facts that he punched her, kicked with steel toed boots, and pulled his curio cabinet on top of her? Does that sound remotely like " tit for tat"?

I didn 't fall for the manipulation of writing him back. My teen son finds it inexcusable ( we saw her injuries btw.... )

He's pulling the I 'm in AA now ( yeah ya are, not the right kind of bars for drinkin) " things are going to get much better now. I will go to meetings once or twice a day. Great! More power to you, but your son is still disgusted and scared of you.

I'm getting off track, but the back story of his alcoholism goes back years. I actually quit the occassional drink because my son was so..,, disapproving and I felt it was in his best interest to not see me drink ever. It was pretty easy actually... Of course I was never dependent on it.

I've always said from drinking age " I don't do anything drunk, I wouldn't do sober" I believe that. If you want to cheat, bit o liquid courage will make it happen. It's the same with violence, IMO

SO, is there REALLY, in your opinion , a "my side of the story " of a woman beater? Is there a magic reason that make it okay to slam a piece of furniture on top of her? Even if there was a spat? I mean they were not EVEN DATING! Just roommates.

What 's a good reason to go all" Hulk " on a female?

Son made my husband ( whom he now calls daddy full time since this, change the locks before he gets out. He's a wreck over this whole thing, obviously.

Is there REALLY another side?
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EireLass
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor kid. You've done well raising him, he sounds like a sensitive boy.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

There's never an excuse to do that to anyone man or woman. If a woman puts her hands on a man then she should expect him to do the same to her. However, what you described is excessive and should never happen

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM

No!  No!  This is NEVER OK, and I don't care what his "excuse" is!

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, he is.... We can only have short conversations about when this man gets out.

It's too troublesome for him to wrap his head around . But there is no custody arrangement or visitation in place so when I hear him say " I don't want to see him again " or " I won't be alone with him" he doesn't have too. Plus, he's almost 15 and does not have to abide by any future visitation order should ex bother trying re: laws in my state.

I had to gently explain that I didn't change the locks because I thought ex would come after us, but simply because he's had a key for a long time and it was just a precaution.

Every word was met with him pulling his blanket further and further up.

Apparently he even wrote a school journal entry months ago with the prompt being " when you become a father, how will you behave?"

His first sentence. " I will never drink, not a drop before or after fatherhood." And like three paragraphs about his life.

I left his father six months pregnant to ensure as much stability as possible for my babe.

I'm glad I did as my husband adores him and people often assume the are blood due to interests and looks. ( I think similar appearances are based on a connection others feel about them)

We have no " steps" in this family.

Quoting EireLass: Poor kid. You've done well raising him, he sounds like a sensitive boy.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM
No. Never okay.
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM

It is never ok to go that far. 

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO, there is no 'my side of the story'. Period. 

PinkButterfly66
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't matter what the other side is, he beat the shit out of a woman.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)