Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

curb appeal

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

yeahh my house lacks curb appeal. i was thinking about planting fake flowers by the end of our driveway. tacky?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
esox
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Very. The fade too fast and get tattered in the weather. Maybe just some nice easy to manage evergreens? Impatients are easy growers and pretty hard to kill too once the weather is warm enough for them.
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't put in fake flowers.
Schmoopi
Merry Christmas.
Yesterday at 9:47 AM
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Yes, very.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I wouldn't plant fake flowers, they look tacky & cheap to me.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think fake would be a good idea. Cleaning and trimming can go a long way. Maybe some fresh mulch and a few potted flowers or shrubs?
LML1
by Kristy on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:00 PM

thanks ladies. we live on a busy road and it's not really safe to have your back  against the road. so i've tried red multch and potted plants. the flowers always die. last year i planted mum's and they never came up. keep the ideas coming!

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Inpatients prefer shady areas, to sunny areas. Dr pending upon where you live you could plant pansies when the snow melts. They don't mind cooler temps.
Depending upon how ambitious you are, in the fall you could do bulbs that'll come up in the spring.
If the area is really sunny, knockout roses are pretty and other than trimming the dead branches require no special care.
alexgia
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

geraniums are pretty hardy.  my neighbors house was empty for months(with no watering) and her geraniums in front of her house look pretty.  you could also buy a container of wildflower seeds.  they make them for sun or shade.  all you have to do is shake them out, cover them lightly and water.

i am not a fan of artificial flowers and they will not hold up outside.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I think it's tacky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN