Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

When your child is in pain...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

It is heart breaking. If you post about it on Facebook you will get every kind of advice you can imagine.

One person told me to take her and get her heavy duty drugs. 

One person told me she needs  a chiropractor.

One person told me to try coconut oil(may try rubbing her knee with this but have to get it first. Her skin is drying out where the swelling has it stretched).

So much advice. 

We are doing as recommended to us by a professional, alternating Advil and tylenol and icing it with breaks in between the icing.

She has severe bursitis.  She is 7.  Her knee is easily twice the size it should be. She is on oral steroids and the Advil and Tylenol. The doctor said it just takes time and to try and keep her still. She is wearing an imbolizer. I just find the gamut of advice amusing and sweet. They are trying to help.  I have some that advise me as if I were a new mom and some that just encourage. Some that just say we are praying and some that have odd ball ideas.  LOL.  I think it is quite interesting

At the moment I have her pain resolved and hope and pray it stays that way.  I promise not to do anything oddball. And while I think chiropractors are great they do not solve any and all problems and bending or moving that knee right now would do more damage. 

That is all with my rambling. I am sleep deprived so don't be surprised if either I do not make sense or I have grammar and spelling mistakes that make no sense. That is all....now I am taking a chocolate chip cookie break. ( I made cookies yesterday before my dd came home with a knee swollen up like a ballon).

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon. A friend of DH's in college had bursitis and was doped up on some major painkillers.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I am calling her doctor tomorrow. We went to an urgent care clinic and they wouldn't give her anything.  She has points of time she is in a lot of pain.  I don't get why they couldn't at least presribe her something.  She is such a trooper.  I had it once and they gave me nothing either. I think it just depends on the doctor...then too, it was the walk in clinic. Maybe they don't pass out med precriptons??

Quoting LeapBaby123: Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon. A friend of DH's in college had bursitis and was doped up on some major painkillers.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I hope she is feeling better soon.
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I remember having that when I was a kid. It was horrible. Eveyone told my mother it was growing pains. 

I hope she feels better soon. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Thanks y'all. She is sleeping at the moment. I think we finally got some of her pain relieved and she is exhausted from being in pain.  Someone tried to say it wasn't so serious, but my answer is that a child's knee does not swell 2.5 times its size for growing pains.  At least the swelling has stopped increasing. Now it has to decrease.  I will be sleeping with her again so that if she needs to wake to go to the bathroom I can take her.  

143myboys9496
by Suzzanne on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Sorry she's in pain. It's SO hard to see  your child in pain. Hope she feels better and the swelling goes down soon.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM

I hope she's feeling better soon and the swelling goes down.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM

She is a little better today.  Pain has decreased some and the swelling had gone down a little. Thank the Lord..if it had not gone down by today...I was going BACK especially if she was still suffering. Yesterday was awful.  Today is better.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad she is doing better today. I hope she's even better soon.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Hope she feels better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)